Giberson leads PHS pharmacy
- 'We are highly trained': Q&A with Scott Giberson. Yap, Diana // NoDak Pharmacy;Nov2013, Vol. 26 Issue 5, p12
An interview with pharmacist Scott Giberson is presented. When asked to describe the new role and responsibilities of pharmacists, Giberson refers to his role in helping oversee the operations of the Commissioned Corps. He talks about his views of working with surgeon Regina Benjamin. He also...
- 'Lead by example': Giberson provides patient care, inspires ohters. Yap, Diana // Pharmacy Today;Dec2012, Vol. 18 Issue 12, p46
The article focuses on U.S. Rear Admiral (RADM) Scott Giberson, who aims to expand the practice of pharmacy and improve patient outcomes. Giberson recognizes medication therapy management (MTM) to have issues regarding definitions, provider status and primary care services. It states that...
- Member Milestones. // Pharmacy Today;Oct2013, Vol. 19 Issue 10, p16
The article offers updates related to members of the American Pharmacists Association (APhA) including the Emeritus Membership status awarded to Robert Hartzell, the appointment of Scott F. Giberson, and the conference participated by deans Johnie Early and Kathleen Kennedy.
- Kudos to the APhA Foundation! // Pharmacy Today;Jan2014, Vol. 20 Issue 1, p19
The article offers information on the certificate of commendation received by American Pharmacists Association (APhA) from acting U.S. Deputy Surgeon Scott F. Giberson in recognition to their Pharmacists Care and 24 Hours to Health initiatives.
- The Ebola Crisis: U.S. Military Gears Up. DE WIND, DORIAN // Moderate Voice;9/29/2014, p1
The article offers a report on the set-up of 17 Ebola treatment centers in Liberia by the U.S. Military, to train health-care workers and provide medical support. Topics discussed include request made by the U.S. Department of Defense to provide funds and assistance to fight Ebola, views of...
- 'We are highly trained': Q&A with Scott Giberson. Yap, Diana // Pharmacy Today;Sep2013, Vol. 19 Issue 9, p56
An interview with Scott Giberson, Acting Deputy U.S. Surgeon General, is presented. When asked about his new role and responsibilities, he says that he supports the Acting Surgeon General in raising awareness to the public about ways to improve personal health. He works closely on public health...
- Includes the public. // Pharmaceutical Executive;Sep97, Vol. 17 Issue 9, p146
Reports on the Academy of Managed Care Pharmacy's launching of a Web site that provides information on managed care pharmacy clinical practices and pharmacotherapeutic issues and updates.
- What did the doctor write? // Current Health 1;Mar1990, Vol. 13 Issue 7, p14
Defines and explains prescription drugs and how they work. Differences from over-the-counter medications; Reading a prescription; Generic drugs; Refilling a prescription.
- Community coalition fights on. // Drug Topics;9/5/94, Vol. 138 Issue 17, p7
Reports on the lobbying efforts of the Community Retail Pharmacy Health Care Reform Coalition urging Congress to assure universal coverage and reject drug company efforts to block legislation assuring drugstores equal access to discounts.