Clopidogrel poor metabolizers may need alternative to standard regimen
- Effects of New Antiplatelet Agents and Aldosterone Receptor Antagonists on Mortality in Patients with Myocardial Infarction. Eyuboglu, Mehmet // Cardiovascular Drugs & Therapy;Oct2015, Vol. 29 Issue 5, p495
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the article "Effects of New Antiplatelet Agents and Aldosterone Receptor Antagonists on Mortality in Patients With Myocardial Infarction," that was published in the previous issue.
- Long-term outcomes similar between prasugrel, clopidogrel. // Hem/Onc Today;11/10/2012, Vol. 13 Issue 21, p35
The article reports on the results of the TRILOGY ACS trial led by E. Magnus Ohman, MB, ChB, concluding that the use of the platelet inhibitor prasugrel among patients with unstable angina or non-ST segment elevation did not result to a significant minimization in death from cardiovascular...
- DAPT Study. Zarifyan, Alla; Mauri, Laura // MD Conference Express;Oct2015, Vol. 15 Issue 28, p19
An analysis of mortality in the DAPT study revealed that although there was a borderline increase in mortality in the continued thienopyridine arm, it was mainly related to non-cardiovascular deaths, and bleeding accounted for a minority of these deaths. Although cancer-related deaths were...
- AIDA STEMI: Direct administration of abciximab no more effective than IV delivery. Fisher, Stacey L.; Foster, Melissa; Kalvaitis, Katie; Murphy, Casey // Cardiology Today;Jan2012, Vol. 15 Issue 1, p19
The article focuses on a study which examined the effectiveness of direct administration of platelet inhibitor abciximab in improving overall health outcomes in patients with severe myocardial infarction.
- Prasugrel Versus High Dose Clopidogrel to Overcome Early High on Clopidogrel Platelet Reactivity in Patients with ST Elevation Myocardial Infarction. Alexopoulos, D.; Theodoropoulos, K.; Stavrou, E.; Xanthopoulou, I.; Kassimis, G.; Tsigkas, G.; Damelou, A.; Davlouros, P.; Hahalis, G.; Athanassiadou, A. // Cardiovascular Drugs & Therapy;Oct2012, Vol. 26 Issue 5, p393
Objective: There is a paucity of data regarding the early effectiveness of the proposed 600 mg clopidogrel loading dose (LD) on platelet reactivity (PR) in ST elevation myocardial infarction (STEMI) patients. If high on-treatment platelet reactivity (HTPR) is present, prasugrel reloading and...
- 178 Quantitative evaluation of regional myocardial perfusion during dipyridamole stress by real-time myocardial contrast echocardiography in patients with and without coronary artery disease. Scuteri, L.; Revera, M.; De Filippo, P.; Ferlini, M.; Lanzarini, L.; Canosi, U.; Klersy, C.; Tavazzi, L.; Previtali, M. // European Journal of Echocardiography;2003, Vol. 4 Issue suppl_1, pS17
An abstract of the article "Quantitative Evaluation of Regional Myocardial Perfusion During Dipyridamole Stress by Real-Time Myocardial Contrast Echocardiography in Patients With and Without Coronary Artery Disease" by L. Scuteri and colleagues is presented.
- PLATO: Ticagrelor found superior to clopidogrel in CV death, MI and stroke, despite CYP2C19, ABCB1 genotypes. // Hem/Onc Today;9/25/2010, Vol. 11 Issue 18, p30
The article discusses the PLATelet inhibition and patient Outcomes (PLATO) trial which affirms the superior results of ticagrelor for prevention of cardiovascular death, myocardial infarction and stroke, regardless of CYP2C19 and ABCB1 genotypes known to affect the response to clopidogrel...
- Current Issues. // PharmacoEconomics & Outcomes News;7/21/2012, Issue 658, p2
The article reports that the antiplatelet ticagrelor was made a recommended treatment option for unstable angina (UA) or non-ST-elevation myocardial infarction (NSTEMI), according to the guideline for UA/NSTEMI released by the American Heart Association and American College of Cardiology Foundation.
- Heartbeat: Highlights from this issue. Otto, Catherine M. // Heart;Jul2015, Vol. 101 Issue 14, p1081
An introduction is presented in which the editor discusses various articles within the issue on topics including the diagnosis and treatment of pericarditis; guidelines for dual antiplatelet therapy; and mortality in myocardial infarction patients with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease.