New drugs and dosage forms
- New drugs and dosage forms. // American Journal of Health-System Pharmacy;1/15/2005, Vol. 62 Issue 2, p131.
Presents several new drugs and new dosage forms in the U.S. Indication of the Clindamycin phosphate vaginal cream for the treatment of bacterial vaginosis in women who are not pregnant; Recommended dosage of Hyaluronidase injection; Contraindication for Oxycodone hydrochloride and ibuprofen tablets.
- New drugs and dosage forms. // American Journal of Health-System Pharmacy;5/15/2003, Vol. 60 Issue 10, p984
Presents several drugs and its dosage forms. Aprepitant; Diphtheria and tetanus toxoids adsorbed for pediatric use; Fibrin sealant.
- FDA approves a more tamper-resistant formulation of OxyContin. // Formulary;May2010, Vol. 45 Issue 5, p166
The article discusses U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) approval for the marketing of a more tamper-resistant dosage formulation of controlled-release oxycodone. The reformulated drug was created to prevent abuse of the medication by tampering with the controlled-release mechanism of...
- Mesalamine suppository improves compliance. // Drug Topics;11/22/2004, Vol. 148 Issue 22, p6
Reports that Mesalamine has been approved in a 1-gram suppository dosage form, to be administered once per day for the treatment of ulcerative proctitis.
- Clinical Dosage Determination of a New Aromatase Inhibitor, Anastrozole, in Postmenopausal Japanese Women with Advanced Breast Cancer. Nomura, Y.; Koyama, H.; Ohashi, Y.; Watanabe, H. // Clinical Drug Investigation;2000, Vol. 20 Issue 5, p357
Objective: To determine the recommended clinical dosage in Japan of a new aromatase inhibitor, anastrozole. Design and Setting: A randomised, nonblinded, dose-comparative clinical pharmacology study was performed in healthy postmenopausal Japanese women, followed by a multicentre, randomised,...
- EVENTS. // Pharmaceutical Technology;Aug2013, Vol. 37 Issue 8, p12
A calendar of two events for the U.S. from September to October 2013 is presented including formulation and process development for oral dosage forms and validation week.
- Split Your Pills..Split Your Costs. Dunkin, Mary Anne; Baker, Stacy // Arthritis Today;Nov/Dec2002, Vol. 16 Issue 6, p18
Provides information on savings from buying pills. Conditions by which pills should not be split; Tool for cutting pills.
- Split Decision on Pills. // Good Housekeeping;Dec2009, Vol. 249 Issue 6, p60
The article reports on a research at the University of Arizona College of Pharmacy which found that when researchers halved 15 tablets each of six commonly divided medications, nearly a quarter of the half-pills were outside the standard allowable variation.
- HOW TO MAKE THE PILL WORK BETTER. // Glamour;Sep2003, Vol. 101 Issue 9, p121
Provides advice on how to make the pill work better.