Prevalence, pathogenesis, and impact of atrial fibrillation
- High Blood Pressure Facts. // Senior Life;Oct/Nov2011, p6
The article presents information regarding high blood pressure, which notes that high blood pressure affects one out of three U.S. adults, puts people at risk for heart disease and stroke, and can be controlled when medication is taken.
- LVMI Larger in Setting of Elevated microalbuminuria. // Kidney;May/Jun98, Vol. 7 Issue 3, p116
Discusses the abstract of the research paper 'Microalbuminuria: A marker of cardiovascular risk and organ damage in essential hypertension,' by R. Pontremoli, F. Viazzi et al and published in a 1997 issue of 'Kidney International.'
- Diabetic and hypertensive heart disease. Grossman, Ehud; Messerli, Franz H. // Annals of Internal Medicine;Aug96, Vol. 125 Issue 4, p304
Reviews the literature on the cardiac effects of diabetes mellitus and hypertension. Incidence of coronary artery disease in patients diabetes and hypertension; Importance of hypertension in the pathogenesis of severe heart disease in persons with diabetes; Susceptibility of hypertensive...
- So-so blood pressure. Wernick, Sarah // Working Mother;Jul94, p10
Reports on the Framington Heart Study which suggests a relationship between borderline hypertension and increased risk of heart disease. Monitoring of blood pressure and cardiovascular health of 2,767 men and women; Advice on treatment of systolic blood pressure in the 140-to-159 range.
- Polyvascular atherosclerotic disease and multiple risk factors: focus on arterial hypertension. Begic, Alden; Bico, Amina; Lekic, Lana; Tanovic, Admir; Bejtovic, Demir; Kulic, Mehmed; Dilic, Mirza // Cardiologia Croatica;Sep/Oct2015, Vol. 10 Issue 9/10, p37
INTRODUCTION: The goal of this study is to evaluate the role of arterial hypertension (HTA) in patients (pts) with atherosclerotic disease (AthD) of coronary arteries (CAD), carotid arteries (CdA) and iliacfemoro-popliteal (IFP) arteries. PATIENTS AND METHODS: The study included a total of 311...
- Risk Factors for Heart Failure Progression and Outcomes. Huang, Robert L.; Listerman, Jennifer; Geisberg, Carrie; Butler, Javed // Current Cardiology Reviews;2006, Vol. 2 Issue 2, p79
For both, the therapeutic decision making and also for the patients and their families to make appropriate personal life plans, determination of outcomes in patients with heart failure remains one of the most important goals of therapy. This however remains a challenge for several reasons. As...
- Clustering of risk factors, metabolic syndrome, and coronary heart disease risk in hypertensive patients. // Asia Pacific Journal of Clinical Nutrition;2005 Supplement, Vol. 14, pS44
Background -- Hypertension and cardiovascular risk factors increase the risk of developing coronary heart disease. This study investigates the risk factors and metabolic syndrome present in hypertensive individuals. Objective -- To determine the common clustering of risk factors, prevalence of...
- Anger, depression & the heart. // Optimum Wellness;Spring97, Vol. 1 Issue 2, p5
Reinforces the fact that hostility, anger and depression are risk factors for heart disease. Comparison to risk from elevated cholesterol levels and smoking.
- No age limit. // Swim Magazine;Jul/Aug96, Vol. 12 Issue 4, p16
Reports on the findings published in an issue of the `Journal of the American Medical Association' on the increased heart disease risk among people with low levels of high density lipoproteins (HDL).