Corporate Power Must Be Balanced With Good Citizenship
- SHARING THE WEALTH. Briggs, William; Verma, Archana // Communication World;Jan/Feb2006, Vol. 23 Issue 1, p25
The article discusses the issues related to corporate social responsibility (CSR). Corporations today must act more aggressively and publicly to restore or maintain their reputations. Yet the world presents a seemingly infinite number of opportunities for them to demonstrate their good will. In...
- A bolt from the blue. Tapscott, Don // Director (00123242);May2002, Vol. 55 Issue 10, p42
Talks about the importance of corporate social responsibility to consumers of a company. Discussion on the proliferation of consumer activists; Concerns of consumers regarding the ethics of a corporate brand; Percentage of respondents to an Environics poll, who said corporations should do more...
- Your Good Name. // Wearables Business;Jun2007, Vol. 11 Issue 5, p24
This article focuses on maintaining and managing company reputation. Also known as brand power, a positive company reputation evokes a good response from customers. According to experts, a positive reputation results to more business. One way of building a company's reputation is to be visible...
- Building and preserving your company's reputation. Guiniven, John // Public Relations Tactics;Nov2004, Vol. 11 Issue 11, p6
Offers executives and business owners advice on building and preserving their company's reputation. Difficulty of gauging the monetary value of an image-building program; Social responsibility of business; Importance of highlighting corporate responsibility.
- CSR LAID BARE. Emmott, Mike // People Management;8/11/2005, Vol. 11 Issue 16, p38
No abstract available.
- Stakeholder Media: The Trojan Horse of Corporate Responsibility. Mark Lee Hunter; Van Wassenhove, Luk N.; Besiou, Maria // INSEAD Working Papers Collection;2009, Issue 62, p1
This article considers how stakeholder media, created and distributed by parties engaged in specific issues or with a specific firm, impacted media response to the "Beyond Petroleum" rebranding initiative of BP PLC in the years 2000-2005. Using a system dynamics approach, we argue that "Beyond...
- Hype vs. Hope Is Corporate Do-Goodery for Real? McKibben, Bill // Mother Jones;Nov/Dec2006, Vol. 31 Issue 6, p52
The article questions whether the recent spate of corporations and executives announcing green and socially responsible initiatives are for real of are just good public relations. The article argues that many of the green initiatives do little to address the underlying problems of production,...
- So What Really Changed After Enron? Laurence, Andrew // Corporate Reputation Review;Spring2004, Vol. 7 Issue 1, p55
This paper considers the trends in managing corporate communications in a post-Enron environment, with specific reference to a major international study --the Corporate Reputation Watch--carried out by communications firm Hill & Knowlton, in association with Harris Interactive, in the aftermath...
- El arte de gestionar lo intangible. // Revista de Antiguos Alumnos del IEEM;2010, Vol. 13 Issue 5, p42
No abstract available.