A Sabbath of Place
- Legislative Background. // Congressional Digest;Jun/Jul2001, Vol. 80 Issue 6/7, p173
Reports on legislative bills related to the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge in Alaska. Legislative choices of the 107th Congress; Energy policy of United States President George W. Bush's administration.
- Dropping anchor in Alaska? Wilson, Bill // Roads & Bridges;Jun2001, Vol. 39 Issue 6, p7
Editorial. Presents a perspective about the plan of the administration of United States President George W. Bush to tap oil on Alaska's Arctic National Refuge. Estimated volume of reserves; Importance of reducing energy consumption to loosen the country's foreign oil dependency.
- Senate energy bill threatens environment. // National Parks;Sep/Oct91, Vol. 65 Issue 9/10, p13
Examines the provisions of the National Energy Security Act, or S.1220, currently before the United States Senate. Opening of Alaska's Arctic National Wildlife Refuge to oil and gas drilling; Senate Energy Committee; Deregulation of the energy industry; Arctic and subarctic ecosystems still...
- Protected areas could be opened to drilling. // National Parks;Nov/Dec90, Vol. 64 Issue 11/12, p9
Discusses the provisions of the National Energy Security Act of 1990, which would open up otherwise protected areas for oil and gas drilling. Senate approval; Sponsors; Defense Authorization Act; Arctic National Wildlife Refuge (Alaska).
- Environmental myopia. Peltier, Robert // Power;Jul/Aug2004, Vol. 148 Issue 6, p4
Comments on the development of the U.S. government-owned Arctic National Wild Refuge (ANWR) to produce energy in Alaska. Conclusion of the U.S. Energy Information Administration on the energy production of the ANWR in 2025; Decision of U.S. President Bill Clinton concerning a legislation...
- Artic Refuge threatened. // Geographical (Campion Interactive Publishing);Oct2001, Vol. 73 Issue 10, p12
Reports the support given by the United States House of Representatives to an energy legislation concerning the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge.
- Counting Caribou. Dunkel, Tom // Mother Jones;May/Jun 2001, Vol. 26 Issue 3, p21
Focuses on impact of oil drilling plan of the administration of United States President George W. Bush on caribou herd in the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge in Alaska. Change in age-old migration pattern of the animal; Gwich'in Nation's dependence on caribou; Gwich'in tribal elders'...
- End-Game Near for Senate Energy Bill; Cogeneration Vote Possible. Franz, Neil // Chemical Week;4/24/2002, Vol. 164 Issue 17, p12
Focuses on several proposals to the energy legislation of the U.S. Senate. Stance of chemical companies on the cogeneration proposal; Decision of Senators on the amendment to allow oil and natural gas exploration in the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge of Alaska.
- Lobbyists Have Energy to Burn. Cherry, Sheila R. // Insight on the News;06/11/2001, Vol. 17 Issue 22, p18
Focuses on the criticisms against the plan of United States President George W. Bush to establish oil drilling operations at the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge in Alaska as part of its proposed national energy plan. Campaigns launched by various groups, such as the National Resources Defense...