- The financial benefits of being allergy-friendly. Antico, Paul // Food Management Exclusive Insight;8/28/2015, p1
The article discusses the economic value of becoming allergy-friendly. The author states that people with food allergies wish every foodservice facility would become more allergy-friendly which demonstrates that foodservice establishments efforts to be allergy-friendly can significantly increase...
- A guide to allergen resources. // Food Engineering;Jun2000, Vol. 72 Issue 6, p20
Presents publications and information resources on food allergens. Article on reducing allergen risks in foods published in the 1997 issue of the periodical `Journal of Food Protection,'; Food Allergens Workshop in Chicago, Illinois.
- a practical approach to allergen control. Higgins, Kevin T. // Food Engineering;Jun2000, Vol. 72 Issue 6, p75
Focuses on strategies for food processing businesses to comply with government regulations on food allergens in the United States. Urgency of policies addressing food allergens; Allergen-control assistance available from the government.
- Food Allergens: Know Where They're Hiding. // National Women's Health Report;Apr2002, Vol. 24 Issue 2, p5
Focuses on ways to prevent the occurrence of food allergies. Reaction of the immune system to allergens taken in by the body; List of food commonly associated with allergies; Importance of developing an awareness program on the dangers of food allergies. INSET: Spotting Hidden Food Allergens.
- Food allergies. // GP: General Practitioner;5/14/2010, p9
The article reports on a research study related to food allergies.
- What you need to know about your food allergies. Peiper, Howard; Anderson, Nina // Better Nutrition;Mar2000, Vol. 62 Issue 3, p36
Discusses various aspects of food allergy. Comparison with food intolerance; Symptoms of food allergy; Causes of food allergy; Food additives; Flavor enhancers; Olestra. INSET: 4 steps for identifying food allergies.
- Are you eating yourself sick? Turner, Lisa // Better Nutrition;May99, Vol. 61 Issue 5, p64
Presents a guide on determining food allergies and sensitivities and on reducing exposure to allergenic products. Causes of allergies; Tests to determine allergies; Symptoms associated with allergic reaction and food sensitivity. INSETS: Alternatives to common allergenic foods;Bananas &...
- The Nature of Food Allergens. Hunter, Beatrice Trum // Consumers' Research Magazine;Oct2001, Vol. 84 Issue 10, p16
Discusses the nature of food allergens. Danger posed by food allergens to individuals with food allergies; Significance of protein to food allergies; Results of a study on the amount of peanut needed to cause allergy symptoms.
- house call. JOHN LEE; PISTINER, MICHAEL // Living Without;Feb/Mar2013, Vol. 16 Issue 2, p66
The article presents questions and answers related to allergies and sensitivities including the necessity to carry two EpiPens, multiple food allergies, and food allergens can be transferred through saliva by kissing.