From Kansas to Nepal
- Asian Inroads. // FoodService Director;08/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 8, p109
Focuses on the inclusion of Oriental dishes to United States college campuses' foodservice menus. Chinese dishes offered at Villanova University; Signs of the emerging acceptance of Oriental dishes; In-house brand introduced by California State University.
- Demographics drive demand. Chater, Amanda // FoodService Director;08/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 8, p124
Focuses on the growing popularity of Asian dishes in college campuses across the United States. Chinese dishes served at Villanova University in Pennsylvania; Comments from university food service directors; Specialties served at Dakota State University.
- Expanding the Asian Empire. Holaday, Susan // FoodService Director;2/15/2011, Vol. 24 Issue 2, p54
This article reports on the increasing popularity of Asian cuisine across the U.S. and how schools and healthcare institutions try to incorporate more Asian food in their kitchens. A dining services director in a university even plans to hire Asian celebrity chefs to work with and train staff in...
- Serving new twists. Alexis, Jennifer // FoodService Director;10/15/2003, Vol. 16 Issue 10, p48
Focuses on variations in the turkey dishes served by college and university food-service operators in the U.S. Information on the use of turkey as an alternative to other meat types; Ways of using turkey in cooking, according to chef Eric Lenard of the University of Washington in Seattle;...
- Asian brand debuts at Univ. of N. Hampshire. // FoodService Director;04/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 4, p16
Features the Asian Creations food station at the University of New Hampshire in Durham. Average number of customers daily; Color and variety of Asian cuisine served at the food station; Style of cooking used; Plans for additional menu items.
- Getting the full experience. Chater, Amanda // FoodService Director;1/15/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 1, p61
Focuses on Asian food served at college or university campuses in the United States. Ways of serving Asian foods; Types of sushi roll at the University of Massachusetts in Amherst; Stir-fries at Dartmouth College in Hanover, New Hampshire.
- Seeking Opportunities. Ramsey, Lindsey // FoodService Director;1/15/2010, Vol. 23 Issue 1, p30
The article profiles Nona Golledge, director of KU Dining Services at 30,000-student University of Kansas in Lawrence, Kansas. Named as one of the 2009 KU Women of Distinction, Golledge have served as director of the university's foodservice for five years. She pointed out the importance of...
- Cornucopia. Kiernan, Willie // FoodService Director;3/15/2011, Vol. 24 Issue 3, p40
The article talks about a variety of corn-based dishes. At the University of Connecticut, in Storrs, corn is featured in several Southwest-inspired recipes including chipotle turkey with corn salsa, roasted corn and quinoa salad, and grilled chicken with corn relish. At the Indiana University in...
- KU Dining debuts organic "mini-concept.". // FoodService Director;12/15/2007, Vol. 20 Issue 12, p8
The article discusses a mini-concept called MarketFresh, which offers organic food to a retail cafÃ© at the University of Kansas in Lawrence. Most of the items on sale at MarketFresh carry brand names that students could recognize, such as Organic Valley, Bear Naked and Applegate Farms. The...