State of the "Union."
- Ohio state co-brands Steak Escape, Mrs. Fields. Crater, Amanda // FoodService Director;03/15/98, Vol. 11 Issue 3, p50
Describes the foodservice program at Columbus-based Ohio State University which features the co-branding of a Steak Escape unit with Mrs. Fields Cookies. Competition through combo meals; Price range; Opening of Sbarro and Wendy's; Approximate number of customers; Students' preference for...
- OSU Dining Services keeping students fed during lengthy strike. King, Paul // Nation's Restaurant News;05/29/2000, Vol. 34 Issue 22, p19
Focuses on the continuous operations of the Dining Services department at Ohio State University in Columbus, Ohio. Utilization of management staff and temporary workers to provide foodservice to students on meal plans; Strike by civil-service employees; Communications Workers of America union's...
- One-dish wonders. Chater, Amanda // FoodService Director;11/15/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 11, p72
Reports on the popularity of casseroles among universities and colleges in the United States. Reasons behind the popularity of casseroles; Ingredients of casseroles in Elizabethtown College in Pennsylvania; Range of casserole offerings at Ohio State University in Columbus.
- More Late-Night Services Available: Ohio State Univ. `plugs' supplier brands in promos. // FoodService Director;09/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 9, p50
Focuses on the food service programs implemented at the Housing and Dining department of Ohio State University in Columbus, Ohio. Statistical information on student participation; Food service outlets available to meal plan students; How the marketing of housing food service facilities is...
- Burritos big in Ohio. // FoodService Director;10/15/2004, Vol. 17 Issue 10, p6
Reports on the success of Burritos Noches, a late-night Mexican operation located at Ohio State University in Columbus, Ohio. Choices of food available; Prices; Target consumers; Factors that led to the success of the operation.
- Table of Contents Offers Variety. // FoodService Director;9/15/2008, Vol. 21 Issue 9, p12
The article focuses on the foodservice area, called Table of Contents, at the John L. and Christine Warner Library and Student Center in Newark, Ohio. It will serve both Ohio State University, Newark campus, and nearby Ohio Technical College starting fall of 2008. The area is themed as though...
- At Central Fla. Univ. in Orlando: New student center loads up on brands. Blank, Christine // FoodService Director;06/15/98, Vol. 11 Issue 6, p74
Describes the new student union on the University of Central Florida in Orlando that features several branded venues. Sbarro, Subway and Wendy's Hamburgers as anchor tenants; Selection of full restaurant operators; Efforts to keep more students on campus. INSET: Making it work: Catering...
- Cafeterias/food service areas. // American School & University;Aug98, Vol. 70 Issue 12, p78
Focuses on the design of the Noyer Centre, a food service facility at Ball State University in Muncie, Indiana. Service areas; Building renovation; Accommodation; Menu options.
- Cafeterias/food service areas. // American School & University;Aug98, Vol. 70 Issue 12, p79
Focuses on the design of Shorty's, a food service facility at Wake Forest University in Winston-Salem, North Carolina. Area divisions; Furnishings; Seating areas.