- Black Hat Chefs Train, Inspire at Denver VA Hospital. // Food Management;Sep2015, Vol. 50 Issue 9, p10
The article offers information on learning and training of foodservice team of the Denver Veterans Affairs Medical Center (DVAMC) from Black Hat Chefs of North Carolina Healthcare to provide patient satisfaction. It states that chef Jim McGrody, director of nutrition services and Ryan Conklin,...
- Hospital Power Players: Duke University Hospital. // Food Management Exclusive Insight;10/26/2015, p21
The article focuses on the traditional food or tray service offered by Duke Hospital in Durham, North Carolina to patients with retail dining offered at various locations such as the Atrium Cafe, the Pavilion cafe, and The Commons restaurant.
- Hospital Power Players: Greenville Memorial Hospital. // Food Management Exclusive Insight;10/26/2015, p22
The article focuses on the food service or tray service offered by Greenville Memorial Hospital in Greenville, South Carolina to patients which features a web-based online ordering program, retail dining, and interactive menu selection.
- Hospitals. // FoodService Director;12/15/97, Vol. 10 Issue 12, p102
Presents statistical information on the salaries earned by persons in the food service at hospitals in the United States.
- Evaluation of factors affecting plate waste of inpatients in different healthcare settings. Díaz, Antonio Valero; García, Ángel Caracuel // Nutricion Hospitalaria;mar/abr2013, Vol. 28 Issue 2, p419
Introduction/aims: Satisfaction of inpatients with served food within a hospital care system still constitutes one of the main attempts to modernize food services. The impact of type of menu, food category, hospital centre and timetable on the meals wastage produced in different Spanish...
- The "Food & Travel Pass" Initiative. Bowers-Ivanski, Nancy; Russell, Rosemarie; Cook, Sheila // Canadian Nursing Home;Oct2004, Vol. 15 Issue 3, p16
Focuses on the Food & Travel Pass initiative for managing resident nutritional concerns at the Parkwood Hospital in Ontario. Supervision guidelines; Implementation; Benefits. INSETS: Pertinant principles of adult learning;How well are you doing in your facility?.
- AVALIAÃ‡ÃƒO DE BOAS PRÃTICAS E CONTAGEM MICROBIOLÃ“GICA DAS REFEIÃ‡Ã•ES DE UMA UNIDADE DE ALIMENTAÃ‡ÃƒO HOSPITALAR, DO MUNICÃPIO DE SÃƒO MIGUEL DO GUAMÃ -- PARÃ. Farias, Jordanne Klicia Rocha; de Souza Pereira, Mayara Manaia; Figueiredo, Elaine Lopes // Brazilian Journal of Food & Nutrition / Alimentos e NutriÃ§Ã£o;Jan2011, Vol. 22 Issue 1, p113
The objective was to evaluate the Good Practice of a unit of the hospital food, and perform microbiological analysis of food (soup, roast beef, rice, beans and vegetables salad) that comprise the two main dishes served to hospital patients. To evaluate the Good Practice, we used the plug check...
- Pittsburgh Hospital Hires Cura as Foodservice Provider. // FoodService Director;5/15/2008, Vol. 21 Issue 5, p6
The article reports that St. Clair Hospital in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania has selected Cura Hospitality, a healthcare and acute care dining provider, to be its food service provider. As part of the contract, Cura will implement a menu concierge program for hospital patients. In the program,...
- Older people's care experience in community and general hospitals: a comparative study. Green, John; Forster, Anne; Young, John; Small, Neil; Spink, Joanna // Nursing Older People;Jul2008, Vol. 20 Issue 6, p33
Community hospitals are an important component of the post-acute care pathway for older people. The objective of this study was to describe and contrast patients' and carers' experiences of community and general hospitals. Interviews with patients and carers revealed similarities in the...