- Kosher Menu Planning, for Patti Klos. // FoodService Director;1/15/2013, Vol. 26 Issue 1, p16
An interview with Patti Klos, director of dining at Massachusetts-based Tufts University, is presented. When asked about the kosher concept at Tufts, Klos says kosher offerings will be served in one of the university's convenience store locations. Klos explains how the menu planning process...
- Tufts University Contract Moves Avendra to Higher Education. // FoodService Director;2/15/2009, Vol. 22 Issue 2, p6
This article reports that based Avendra has expanded its procurement services to Tufts University in Boston, Massachusetts, its first higher education account. According to Director of Dining Services Patti Klos, the contract started in summer 2008 and has already been successful for her...
- Capitalizing on a la carte dollars. Schuster, Karolyn // Food Management;Mar1998, Vol. 33 Issue 3, p30
Focuses on strategies which school foodservice directors (FSD) are devising to enable them to protect their nutritional and educational credibility, while reaping the financial benefits of a la carte programs. Problems experience from a la carte lines; Views of Mary Andersen, a FSD; Information...
- Quality control is now by the book. // Food Management;Apr98, Vol. 33 Issue 4, p20
Presents information on the manual `Quality Measures for Georgia's School Nutrition Program,' which can be used to provide school foodservice directors in Georgia with information on how to improve efficiencies and service. Comments from Annette Bomar, director of the school and community...
- Child protection madness takes the biscuit. // Education (14637073);10/15/2010, Issue 407, p3
The article discusses St. Mary's Primary School in County Fermanagh, Northern Ireland where a catering supervisor was dismissed from her job after she gave a child a cookie and was accused of "child grooming" under the Child Protection Act.
- Small Soldiers and Better Food. Wright, Jr., Fred W. // Mother Earth News;Feb/Mar2000, Issue 178, p13
Highlights the decision of the Berkeley United School District to require schools in Berkeley, California to provide students with pesticide-free, herbicide-free and hormone-free foods. Details on the implementation of the decision; Challenges faced by Berkeley's organic foods project; Opinion...
- VT Names New Sustainability Coordinator. // FoodService Director;12/15/2008, Vol. 21 Issue 12, p8
The article announces that Dining Services at 30,000-student Virginia Tech has named Andy Sarjajhani as dining services' sustainability coordinator.
- Child nutrition programs differ, challenges similar, forum concludes. // Nation's Restaurant News;8/12/2002, Vol. 36 Issue 32, p18
Discusses the 4th annual Global Child Nutrition Forum held in Minneapolis, Minnesota on August 2002. Objective of the forum; Challenges facing school food service directors; Countries that participated in the forum.
- School food-service directors' perceptions of childhood obesity. Price, James H.; Telljohann, Susan K. // Psychological Reports;Jun94 Part 2, Vol. 74 Issue 3, p1347
Examines the perception of childhood obesity by school food-service directors in Ohio. Percent of respondents who believe in the importance of normal weight to children's health and who believe in their duty to provide nutritionally balanced meals; Differences in perceptions of childhood...