School District Dishes Up Sushi
- AVERAGE 125 DAILY: Students sample sushi in CA H.S. // FoodService Director;03/15/2000, Vol. 12 Issue 3, p1
Reports that the Las Virgenes School District in Calabasas, California is testing a pre-packaged sushi luncheon at the Calabasas High School. Reaction of the students; Features of the package.
- Football and Sushi? // FoodService Director;9/15/2008, Vol. 21 Issue 9, p12
The article reports on the addition of sushi to the menu for the high school students in the Southlake Carroll Independent School District in Texas. In September 2008 the high schools, which are not a part of the National School Lunch Program, began offering three types of sushi for $4. Mary...
- Brevard schools self-fund renov. // FoodService Director;12/15/98, Vol. 11 Issue 12, p14
Reports on the opening of the Westshore Junior/Senior High School in Brevard County, Florida. Features of the school's renovated foodcourt; Meal options.
- IN CLEVELAND HIGH SCHOOLS: PRE-WRAPS SPEEDING SERVICE. // FoodService Director;9/15/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 9, p1
Reports on the decision of two high schools in Cleveland, Ohio to set up stations that will offer pre-wrapped food products. Expected benefits of the food stations; Details on the food products to be served.
- Eating under the 'big top'. // Food Management;Feb2002, Vol. 37 Issue 2, p12
Reports the move of the Fairfield High School to request appropriation from the town to resolve cafeteria accommodation issues in Fairfield, Connecticut. Disclosure on the capacity of the cafeteria; Size of the tent sought by the school as a temporary solution; Estimates on the number of...
- School Combats Crowded Cafeteria with Extra Lunchroom. // Curriculum Review;Feb2014, Vol. 53 Issue 6, p6
The article looks at Great Falls High School in Great Falls, Montana, as of February 2014, reporting on the school's planned expansion of its cafeteria and food service offerings designed to address the problems of lunchroom overcrowding and over-hurried lunch periods.
- Brevard schools roll-out 2nd high school foodcourt. // FoodService Director;11/15/98, Vol. 11 Issue 11, p7
Highlights the kitchen and foodcourt cafeteria of the new Bayside High School opened by Viera, Florida-based Brevard Public Schools. Projected enrollment; Special signage and three-dimensional artwork; Split of menu mix based on foods high school students prefer.
- L.A. School Dist. gears-up high school renov. plan. // FoodService Director;11/15/98, Vol. 11 Issue 11, p12
Focuses on the renovation of Locke High School's cafeteria by the Los Angeles Unified School District, California to increase participation for students eligible to receive free and reduced price meals at school. Paint and signage; Maintenance to remove graffiti, broken chairs and tables;...
- From Practice to Theory. Langberg, Arnold // Phi Delta Kappan;May84, Vol. 65 Issue 9, p603
Focuses on the success of Mountain Open High School in Evergreen, Colorado. Adoption of a Community Learning, a program of student apprenticeships and Operation Sundance, a program in which students designed and built a solar-heated greenhouse in order to study alternative energy sources;...