A Hotellingï¿½Faustmann Explanation of the Structure of Christmas Tree Prices
- Christmas tree farms take root despite slow returns. Kuchar, Vladimir // Prague Business Journal;12/17/2001, Vol. 6 Issue 50, p3
Reports on the growth of Christmas tree growing and selling business in Czech Republic. Number of Christmas trees sold annually; Estimated area covered by Christmas tree plantations.
- Pining Away. Kiefaber, David // Brandweek;11/15/2010, Vol. 51 Issue 41, p20
The article reports on the plan by Christmas tree growers to introduce advertising campaigns to better compete with artificial tree makers.
- Glad tidings of conservation and joy. Williams, Mike; Collings, Andy // Farmers Weekly;12/13/2002, Vol. 137 Issue 24, p56
Focuses on the Christmas tree production on the Elveden Estate in Suffolk, England. Description of the Elveden Estate; Details of the planting procedure for Christmas tree; Planting rate of Christmas tree on the Elveden Estate; Other services offered by the Elveden Estate, in connection with...
- TAKING ITS BOUGHS. Martin, Edward // Business North Carolina;Dec2013, Vol. 33 Issue 12, p74
The article features Peak Farms in North Carolina which specializes in growing plants to be used as Christmas trees. It mentions that, as of 2013, Peak Farms and partner River Ridge Farms have around a million trees planted. It details the history of Peak Farms, starting from its operations in...
- 'TIS THE BUSY SEASON. Dicken, Brad // Crain's Cleveland Business;11/26/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 47, p11
The article focuses on the Christmas tree industry in Ohio. A Christmas tree takes anywhere from eight to 15 years to grow. Mary Kothera, whose family sells trees at Rhodes Sisters in Huntsburg Township in Geauga County, said that it is not a business that one can expect to make profit in a few...
- Christmas Tree Lots Sprout Across S.D. County. Kovach, Lisa // San Diego Business Journal;12/13/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 50, p7
No abstract available.
- Downturn for local tree farms. Lieberman, Lisa // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;12/24/2004, Issue 323339, p3
The article states that like other framers of Central Valley, California, it seems that Christmas tree farmers have had their fair share of trouble. At one time, there was a Christmas tree farm in Porterville, four or five in Visalia and several in Bakersfield. Competition from big box stores...
- Holiday stress for tree growers. Stenger, Brad // Oregon Business Magazine;Nov2005, Vol. 28 Issue 11, p18
Discusses challenges faced by Christmas tree growers in Oregon. Increase in demand for artificial trees; Market performance of Roseburg-based Carousel Tree Farm, owned by Jeanne and Larry Lane; Increase in competition with Asian companies; Decline in the number of Christmas trees sold in 2004;...
- FARMING CHRISTMAS. Kvinta, Paul // Fortune;
The article looks at the Christmas tree industry in the U.S. as of 2012. It profiles Holiday Tree Farms in Oregon, describing production manager Mark Arkills and noting the company, founded in the 1950s, was the first to view Christmas trees as a crop, grown in rows. Related figures are...