Bigger and better
- LIFE BEGINS AT FORTY. Harrison, Peter // Cabinet Maker;8/23/2013, Issue 5850, p16
The article features Furniture Village store, focusing on its founders Peter Harrison and David Imrie, its management team and how the store has evolved and its use of the internet and expansion. It states that Harrison and Imrie established the store in 1989 to sell nice furniture to nice...
- Don't give up your day job. // Cabinet Maker;02/19/99, Issue 5126, p36
Focuses on David Imrie, a merchandise director for Furniture Village. Customer satisfaction on Imrie's service as bedding sales consultant during the London Bedding Co. aisle.
- Upmarket test for Furniture Village. // Cabinet Maker;11/11/2005, Issue 5464, p5
Reports on the plan of Furniture Village to launch an upmarket store format in London, England. Basis of the concept of the new store; Statement of buying and merchandising director David Imrie on the significance of the launch to the company; Product ranges offered at the new store.
- Second FV2 for Furniture Village. // Cabinet Maker;4/21/2006, Issue 5484, p3
The article reports on the plan of Furniture Village to launch its second FV2 concession in Tunbridge Wells, England. The plan is part of the company's strategy to stretch the price architecture of the whole chain. David Imrie, company buying and merchandise director, asserted that the new...
- Retailers must stimulate the public-Imrie. // Cabinet Maker;01/12/2001, Issue 5220, p4
Presents the views of David Imrie of Furniture Village on the factors hampering the growth of the furniture industry in Great Britain. Call on retailers to create techniques that will attract customers; Advice on how to improve profitability; Pricing strategy; Provision of quality products.
- Leader. Cooper, George // Cabinet Maker;8/23/2013, Issue 5850, p3
An introduction is presented in which the editor discusses various reports within the issue on topics such as the global showroom of Lifestyle Europe head Paul Irwin, the interview with Furniture Village chief executive officer Peter Harrison, and the 24th anniversary of the latter company.
- "KEEP YOUR NERVE". // Cabinet Maker;3/13/2009, Issue 5627, p12
The article profiles Furniture Village Ltd. founder Peter Harrison in Bristol, England. It tells that Harrison had resented the media for unbalanced newspaper and television news reports on the economy. It adds that Harrison has remained optimistic that his business will not only survive the...
- Safe crackers. Calton, Rachel // Cabinet Maker;7/14/2006, Issue 5496, p22
The article focuses on the leather upholstery market with reference to brown color. The trend for brown color came after winning over black and cream colors. Steve Jenkins, managing director of Land of Leather believes that brown color seems to be practical and flexible as it adapts to any...
- Space craft. Kidd, Andrew // Cabinet Maker;8/25/2006, Issue 5502, p21
The article reports on the latest development revealed by Furniture Village in an FV2 format, a more contemporary mix of products in more floorspace in Southampton, England. According to David Imrie, buying and merchandising director, they can make more money by putting in different products...