It pays to have a plan
- Going Back to Basics. // Home Textiles Today;10/24/2011, Vol. 32 Issue 25, p4
The article discusses the importance of going back to basic as a business strategy that is set against cost-driven price hikes.
- The three C's. Caplan, Gayle; Teese, Mary // Executive Excellence;Jul97, Vol. 14 Issue 7, p8
Focuses on three management strategies in business success. Importance of organizational competence in a new organization; Elaboration of organizational connection; Commitment for employees and the organization.
- The Focus Model. Neilson, Gary // Executive Excellence;Jun2001, Vol. 18 Issue 6, p16
Focuses on the accommodation of market realities by focused businesses for proper business planning. Composition of emerging entities during company disintegration; Characteristics of a traditional organization; Presence of competition in all business types; Criteria for measuring successful...
- Revenue Management: Microeconomics and Business Modeling. Williams[*], Loren // Business Economics;Apr99, Vol. 34 Issue 2, p39
Presents a general framework to describe revenue management (RM). Background on RM; Objects used by RM models; Domain of an RM model.
- Mapping out effective annual business plans. Wichman, William // Bank Marketing;Nov95, Vol. 27 Issue 11, p48
Offers advice for banks on creating business plans. Role of annual business plans; Typical weaknesses in plans; Approach to developing a business plan.
- How is your view of the future? Koonce, Richard // Bank Marketing;May98, Vol. 30 Issue 5, p18
Discusses the importance of scenario planning to any industry to plan for and anticipate the future. Consideration of the long-range view of the industry; Publication of the book `The Art of the Long View,' by Peter Schwartz; Application of scenario planning in banks.
- Contingency planning. Hardy, Kenneth G. // Business Quarterly;Spring92, Vol. 56 Issue 4, p26
Offers businesses guidelines on contingency planning. Identifying major possible problems; Assessing the impact on organizations; Developing likely responses for each major events.
- Improving your flysight. Morgan, Gareth // Business Quarterly;Autumn92, Vol. 57 Issue 2, p39
Focuses on the need of organizations and managers to develop competencies that enable them to detect subtle changes that are reshaping the contexts in which they operate and to cope with emerging threat and opportunities. Spotting fracture lines; Managing from the outside-in; Involving people...
- Business planning. Meloy, Richard G.; Goldstein, Michael // CPA Journal;Mar1998, Vol. 68 Issue 3, p74
Presents guidelines in developing and implementing a business plan. Significance of a comprehensive business assessment; Methods for analyzing data from assessment; Overview on the element of judgment in the planning process; Importance of establishing company objectives; Other significant...
- ERPs? Make mine vanilla. Nannery, Matt // Chain Store Age;Jan1999, Vol. 75 Issue 1, p106
Urges retailers to consider using enterprise resource planning (ERP). Reasons for not customizing an ERP suite; Factors to consider in using ERP; Company's performance; Advantages of using ERP.