Close-out in pursuit of stock
- Buy Them When They're Down. // DRIP Investor;Sep2000, Vol. 9 Issue 9, p1
Focuses on the purchase of depressed stocks. Benefits of buying depressed stocks; Considerations in purchasing depressed stocks; Companies with good trading below 52-week highs.
- RUSHES. // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;08/08/2000, Vol. 364 Issue 13, p53
Reports the completion of the stock acquisition of TVN network by SBS Broadcasting and the purchase of Cotter Group by SFX Entertainment Inc.
- City Code. // Accountancy;Apr93, Vol. 111 Issue 1196, p4
This article deals with the decision of the Takeover Panel to amend the City Code allowing owners of between 30% to 50% of a company's voting rights can only purchase a further 1% additional shares in Great Britain.
- HOW MANY SHARES? Scott, Matthew S. // Black Enterprise;Apr2002, Vol. 32 Issue 9, p40
Answers a question about buying stocks from a company. Factor that affects wealth accumulation through the stock market; Advantages of purchasing a small number of shares; Benefits of purchasing shares in larger blocks.
- Prepare for more market vertigo. // Finance Week;8/10/2001, p33
Focuses on the latest quarterly unit trust results in South Africa in 2001. Myths on stock purchase timing and the duration of holding the stocks before deciding to sell them; Categories aggressively marketed by fund managers; Best and worst performing stocks.
- The battle of Brooklyn. Basson, Deon // Finance Week;10/19/2001, p10
Focuses on the impact of the sale of Brooklyn Mall on the purchase of stocks of Canal Walk shopping center in Cape Town, South Africa. Reasons on the dispute between Brooklyn Mall and Brooklyn Square; Implication of the annual report of the Richway Retail Properties; Change in control in 1999.
- S corporation stock can be IRC sec. 338 (H)(10) asset acquisition. Stollar, Mitchell // CPA Journal;May95, Vol. 65 Issue 5, p54
Discusses the treatment of purchase of the stock of the target corporation as acquisition of assets under the IRC Section 338(h)(10). Recognition of the gain and loss of the sales of assets at the corporate level; Submission of 8023-A for election under IRC Section 338(h)(10).
- EXECUTIVE SUMMARY. // Orange County Business Journal;1/12/2004, Vol. 27 Issue 2, p7
Reports business developments in the U.S. as of January 12, 2004. Increase in shares of Powerwave Technologies Inc.; Agreement signed by Cardiac Science Inc. to sell automated defibrillators; Completion of the purchasing contract of real estate Lucas & Mercier Development Inc. by the Standard...
- Will Primedia Pull the Plug on About.com? Cohen, Judy Radler // Mergers & Acquisitions Report;11/27/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 47, p1
Focuses on the plan of Primedia Inc. to buy About.com company. Drop in stock prices after the announcement of the deal; Stocks of both Primedia and About.com as of November 27, 2000; Services offered by both companies; Benefits of the deal to Primedia.