- JOHN COTTON AND THE RHETORIC OF GRACE. Delamotte, Eugenia // Early American Literature;Mar1986, Vol. 21 Issue 1, p49
Focuses on the technique used by author John Cotton in writing the rhetoric of Grace. Aspects of the approach of Cotton to figurative language; Use of figurative texts to end sermons; Characteristics of the exegesis of Cotton.
- JOHN COTTON'S CORRESPONDENCE: A CENSUS. Bush Jr., Sargent // Early American Literature;Sep89, Vol. 24 Issue 2, p91
Focuses on the contribution of author John Cotton in the development of Puritan studies. Focus on fidelity as a solution to different problems on polity, doctrine and conscience; Interest on the public knowledge of the letters written by Cotton; Consequences of taking a stand on Puritan principle.
- 1676 - John Cotton of "Queen's Creek". // Sensations Magazine;Summer1999, Issue 19, p198
The article presents an untitled poem by John Cotton. First Line: Death, why so cruel? What! No other way; Last Line: To whom for secret crimes just vengeance owes.
- JOHN COTTON'S BIBLICAL EXEGESIS: METHOD AND PURPOSE. Davidson, Edward H. // Early American Literature;Sep82, Vol. 17 Issue 2, p119
Focuses on commentaries on the bible by John Cotton, a bible scholar. Information on the ways the Scriptures should be read and interpreted; Aims at illustrating the parallels directly linking the nascent colony to the times of the first Church; Details on the history of the Jews in the Old...
- 'THE ART OF PROPHESYING': JOHN COTTON AND THE RHETORIC OF ELECTION. Toulouse, Teresa // Early American Literature;Dec84, Vol. 19 Issue 3, p279
Focuses on the historical and typological significance of John Cotton's imagery. Relation of imagery on structure; Impact of puritanism on Cotton; Examination on rhetorical strategies.
- In Front of the Console. Shanks, Sharon // Planetarian;Dec2014, Vol. 43 Issue 4, Special section p4
An introduction is presented in which the editor discusses various reports within the issue on topics including the retirement of several planetarians including John Cotton, Dennis Simopoulos, and Glen Moore, the types of planetariums, and the purpose of planetariums.
- The Bookoceros or Ancient Thesaurus. Cotton, John // Storyworks;Sep2009, Vol. 17 Issue 1, p3
The article presents the poem "The Bookoceros or Ancient Thesaurus," by John Cotton. First Line: The Thesaurus has a ravenous appetite; Last Line: He will just cough up a sentence or two.
- Lowe's Market Taps Cotton as COO. // Supermarket News Expert Blog;1/16/2013, p8
The article announces the appointment of John Timothy "Tim" Cotton as Lowe's Market's new chief operating officer.
- Birthday Bash for the Boston Stump. // British Heritage;May2009, Vol. 30 Issue 2, p8
The article reports on the celebration of the 700th anniversary of the St. Botolph's Church in Boston, England in 2009. The church is said to have influenced the decision of Reverend John Cotton to emigrate to Massachusetts Bay in 1630. The celebration will feature one whole-year of event...