Let's talk down a recession
- Carls to shrink in Ch. 11. Engel, Clint // Furniture/Today;6/6/2011, Vol. 35 Issue 38, p1
The article reports on Carls Furniture, Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection claims on May 24, 2011 in Coconut Creek, Florida. It states that Carls Furniture suffered huge decrease in 2007 recession through housing crisis and the tightening credits of the banks. It also mentions the disputes with...
- After recession, new playing field emerges. Combs, Heath E. // Furniture/Today;7/22/2013, Vol. 37 Issue 46, p26
The author reflects on the recovery of the furniture industry in the U.S. in 2013 after the recession.
- The challenge of 2009. // Cabinet Maker;12/12/2008, Issue 5618, p3
The author reflects on the challenges of furniture industry in Great Britain in 2009. According to the author, the upcoming new year would be an opportunity for the industry to look for new ways that would make 2009 better than 2008. The current slowdown of the global economy could not be...
- Office furniture slump hits the big boys hardest. // Grand Rapids Business Journal;11/17/2008, Vol. 26 Issue 47, p26
The article reports that the big furniture companies have been hit by the office furniture slump. It states that both Herman Miller and Steelcase have announced major layoffs and have notified their employees about it. Despite these announcements and the result of the Office Furniture Industry...
- SIZE MATTERS. Allegrezza, Ray // Casual Living;Sep2011, Vol. 51 Issue 9, p168
The article focuses on the smaller living trend among U.S. consumers. The trend is attributed to the economic recession and the growing need for simplifying lives. Indications that smaller homes are increasingly being built are reported. The implications for outdoor furniture retailers are...
- Office furniture down in '08, to dive in 2009. Miel, Rhoda // Plastics News;1/12/2009, Vol. 20 Issue 45, p13
The article focuses on the impact of recession on the office furniture industry in the U.S. In 2008, with the end of the housing bubble, sales have started sliding again, according to reports from the Business and Institutional Furniture Manufacturer's Association (BIFMA). Once the final 2008...
- Safety issues vital in today's office furniture. Shaw, Melissa L. // Fairfield County Business Journal;5/20/2002, Vol. 41 Issue 20, p12
Reports on the trend in office furniture designs in Connecticut. Popularity of the mesh chair; Prevalence of companies opting for wall-free designs; Impact of recession on furniture sales.
- On the rebound: Office furniture sales recovering. Chuvala, Bob // Fairfield County Business Journal;5/20/2002, Vol. 41 Issue 20, p12
Reports on the status of the office furniture industry in Connecticut. Signs of recovery from recession; Prevalence of companies engage in cost-cutting initiative; Trends in office furniture designs.
- 'We've got to come out of this sometime' Evans, Gary // Furniture/Today;11/24/2008, Vol. 33 Issue 12, p17
The article comments on the impact of economic slowdown on the furniture industry in the U.S. According to the author, the industry is going through the worst down cycle they have encountered since the early 1970s when rising prices and a super-slow economy caused the economists to create the...