- Sleepeezee introduces night shift. // Cabinet Maker;11/21/97, Issue 5065, p3
Reports on bed manufacturer Sleepeezee's introduction of a night shift to meet 1997 pre-Christmas delivery dates.
- Long- vs. short-term performance perspectives of Western European, Japanese, and U.S. countries: where do they lie? Peterson, Robert M.; Dibrell, C. Clay; Pett, Timothy L. // Journal of World Business;Winter2002, Vol. 37 Issue 4, p245
Focuses on a study that examined the differences between eastern and western companies regarding long- and short-term orientations. Culture and business; Details of the study; Information on the upper-echelon theory; Discussion and conclusion.
- Composite effects of extrinsic motivation on work effort: case of Korean employees. Chang, Eunmi // Journal of World Business;Spring2003, Vol. 38 Issue 1, p70
The current research examines the composite effect of extrinsic motivation on work effort. The research consists of a two-level analysis: extrinsic motivation practices and extrinsic motivation perception. Emphasis on individual performance as a compensation determinant and company layoff...
- Work flexibility engenders loyalty. // Business Insurance;05/03/99, Vol. 33 Issue 18, p20
Reports that a companies' willingness to help employees balance work/family demand affects employee loyalty.
- California court upholds at-will firing. Greenwald, Judy // Business Insurance;10/16/2000, Vol. 34 Issue 42, p1
Focuses on the court decisions in California in favor lawsuit immunity of businesses in the state for firing of employees. Significance of the decisions; Background of cases heard in state courts.
- Scrapbook. // Business News New Jersey;1/10/96, Vol. 9 Issue 1, p42
Presents caption stories of various business persons who either received awards or attended functions.
- Largest divisions of non-local companies. Hillyer, Deborah W. // Crain's Cleveland Business;8/6/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 32, p20
Presents a chart depicting the largest divisions of non-local companies in Ohio. Rank of companies based on the number of employees; Headquarters of parent companies; Type of business; Names of top local executives.
- Largest Lorain County employers. Hillyer, Deborah W. // Crain's Cleveland Business;3/25/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 12, p24
Presents a chart depicting employment in Lorain County, Ohio. Lists of companies; Comparison of full-time employees between Lorain County and in Ohio; Ranking of companies according to number of employees.
- Largest Summit County employers. // Crain's Cleveland Business;4/8/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 14, p20
Lists the largest Summit County employers in Ohio as of April 2002. Name of business organizations; Statistics of full-time employees; Nature of business.