Casino Plans Near the River in Detroit Mired in Debate
- Hyatt uses construction manager instead of general contractor. Casellas, Carmen T. // Caribbean Business;7/10/1997, Vol. 25 Issue 27, p26
Reports that Hyatt Regency Cerromar Beach Resort & Hotel in Dorado, Puerto Rico is using a construction manager instead of the usual general contractor in their vacation club project. What is the difference between the two methods; Description of the vacation club; Estimated construction cost;...
- Egypt hits Las Vegas at a breathtaking pace. Tuchman, Janice L. // ENR: Engineering News-Record;8/16/93, Vol. 231 Issue 7, p26
Discusses design and construction of a pyramid building as a casino hotel in Las Vegas Boulevard, Nevada. Evolution of design concept from adventure concept of a lost city to Egyptian motif; Largest atrium hotel in the world; More than 2500 guest rooms conforming to pyramid profile; Use of mat...
- Loving Las Vegas. Watkins-Miller, Elaine // Buildings;May97, Vol. 91 Issue 5, p42
Focuses on New York-New York (NY-NY) Hotel and Casino, the co-venture of MGM Grand Incorporated and Primadonna Incorporated. Architecture of NY-NY; Description and features of the hotel and casino; Target NY-NY customers; Facilities of NY-NY; What the casino and hotel offers; How downtime is...
- CASINO NOVA SCOTIA. // Canadian Consulting Engineer;Dec2002, Vol. 43 Issue 7, p26
Discusses the structure of the Casino Nova Scotia building in Halifax, Nova Scotia. Casino's support structure of steel pipe caissons filled with high strenth concrete; Use of ocean water in building's cooling coils; Necessity of intense ventilation due to building's rule allowing smoking;...
- Casino expansion on track. Delgado, Steve // Inside Tucson Business;9/2/2002, Vol. 12 Issue 23, p1
Reports the building expansion of Casino of the Sun in Tucson, Arizona. Amenities offered by the expanded Casino; Cost of the Casino; Reason for the construction of the Casino.
- Amusement & Entertainment Centers. // Las Vegas Business Press;3/8/2004, Vol. 21 Issue 10, p17
Presents a chart depicting the ranking of amusement and entertainment centers in Las Vegas, Nevada.
- Casino Set to Unveil Renovated Gaming Hall. Graves, Brad // San Diego Business Journal;9/12/2011, Vol. 32 Issue 37, p25
The article reports on the plan of Sycuan Casino to hold a grand opening for its 27 million U.S. dollars gaming hall renovation project on the weekend of September 24-25, 2011 in San Diego, California.
- Casino agency approves demolition project. Lee, Evelyn // njbiz;3/22/2010, Vol. 23 Issue 12, p2
The article reports that the New Jersey Casino Redevelopment Authority permits the demolition of 22 empty buildings near the Revel Entertainment casino entertainment project in Atlantic City, New Jersey.
- Getting Competitive. // Business News New Jersey;8/7/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 32, p3
Reports the increasing competitive renovations between casino hotels at Marina District in Atlantic City, New Jersey.