Issuance Rose in First Half, Mainly Because of Schools
- Deal preview: Strong buying expected for $180 million issue to help Stanford. Monsarrat, Sean // Bond Buyer;09/03/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30222, p2
Reports that the Bancamerica Securities Inc. expects a strong price to be set on $180 million of top-rated California Educational Facilities Authority bonds for Standford University.
- Election result. Haywood, Charlesetta // Bond Buyer;09/03/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30222, p18
Reports that voters in Pharr-San Juan-Alamo School District Texas have approved a bond issue to finance the construction and renovation of schools.
- Florida Executes $230 Million PECO Sale With No Surprises. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;1/24/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31310, p29
Reports on the sale of public education capital outlay bonds by the Florida Board of Education on January 23, 2002. Revenue earned from the sale; Revision of revenue for the 2002 fiscal year; Companies that insured the sale.
- Virginia Governor OKs $150 Million in Education Bonds. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;4/10/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31362, p4
Reports on the signing of a legislation authorizing the issuance of higher education facility bonds by Virginia Governor Mark R. Warner. Proposal of a legislation allowing the communities to vote over the proposed increase in local sales tax; List of the bond-related provisions contained in the...
- Illinois Markets Latest GO Sale to College-Minded Retail Investors. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;9/24/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31477, p3
Reports the promotion of the general obligation college savings bond sale in Chicago, Illinois. Importance of the investment in college education; Total sale of bonds; Target customer of the savings bonds.
- QZAB Applications. // Bond Buyer;10/18/99, Vol. 330 Issue 30749, p2A
Reports that cities of Bridgeport and New Haven in Connecticut are preparing applications for the state's qualified zone academy bonds to fund school renovations. Selling of bonds that pay corporations federal tax credits in lieu of interest.
- Houston Schools Set to Ask Voters For $808.6 Million Authorization. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;7/10/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31424, p1
Reports the plan of the board of trustees of the Houston Independent School District to call for a general obligation bond election in Dallas, Texas. Approval from the Houston voters on the election plan; Total students served by the district; Need for additional finance for school construction.
- Repeat Victory. Williamson, Richard // Bond Buyer;10/2/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31749, p31
Reports that voters in Winfield, Kansas has approved the issuance of general obligation bonds to build and repair schools. Amount of bonds to be issued; Margin of victory in the election.
- Busing funds would cover Milwaukee schools' new debt. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;6/10/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30659, p31
Reports that the Milwaukee Public Schools in Wisconsin will receive $200 million of bond proceeds for schools under a program to end forced busing. Endorsement of the program by the Wisconsin Legislature's Joint Finance Committee; Inclusion of the bonds in the proposed budget.
- Boston charter-school deal largest to date at $20 million. Harris, Elizabeth E. // Bond Buyer;06/28/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30671, p1
Reports that the MassDevelopment Finance Agency has sold $20.3 million of variable-rate bonds on behalf of the Boston Renaissance Charter School. Pricing of the bonds; Success of Boston Renaissance.