Texas Attorney General Tightens Noose on Taxing Districts
- Debt reduction, not tax relief. Serres, Christopher // Alberta Report / Newsmagazine;10/10/94, Vol. 21 Issue 43, p6
Announces that 130 Albertans agreed the government should liquidate the Alberta Heritage Saving Trust Fund (AHSTF), put off income tax cuts until the debt is eliminated and develop a long-term, debt-payment plan. The absence of serious dissension; What most discussion focused on; The amount of...
- Hooray for Indiana's do-nothing Legislature! Bohanon, Cecil // Indianapolis Business Journal;3/17/2014, Vol. 35 Issue 3, p4B
The article presents the author's perspectives on the observation that getting more job to be done by the government inevitably implies less personal freedom, more regulation, more public debt and higher taxes.
- SOUND OFF: WHAT YOU SAID. // Central Penn Business Journal;2/3/2012, Vol. 28 Issue 6, p12
The article presents results from a survey on whether Lancaster County, Pennsylvania should increase its accommodations tax to aid offset bond debt obtained by the Lancaster County Convention Center in 2012.
- Business taxes really do matter; Eagle Mountain solves financial woes. Stephenson, Howard // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;11/7/2005, Vol. 35 Issue 19, p27
Focuses on the role of political leadership in the improvement of the financial condition of Eagle Mountain City in Utah. Factors attributed to the financial difficulties encountered by the city; Strategies employed to reduce the city's debt; Approach adopted by Eagle Mountain to maintain low...
- Right-Wing Propaganda Masquerading as an Economics Curriculum. Singer, Alan // Social Science Docket;Summer/Fall2013, Vol. 13 Issue 2, p32
A description of the course "Understanding the Fiscal Responsibility" being offered at the Teachers College, Columbia University in New York City, New York is provided.
- Symposium. Trump, Donald // Insight on the News;01/03/2000, Vol. 16 Issue 1, p40
Focuses on whether a one-time wealth tax on millionaires be good for the United States. Elimination of the national debt; Implication of eliminating 55% of the inheritance tax; Constitutionality of eliminating the national debt.
- ANALYTIC SUMMARY. // Studia HistÃ³rica: Historia Moderna;2010, Vol. 32, p15
The article presents abstracts on Spanish history topics including the 17th century tax system of Castile, Spain, the development of a market for Spanish public debt in Castile during the Early Modern era, and taxation in the Basque province of Ãlava, Spain between 1500 and 1720.
- Panel Discussion: The Effects of Tax Reform on U.S. Economic Growth and Competitiveness. Summers, Lawrence H. // Journal of Accounting, Auditing & Finance;Summer89, Vol. 4 Issue 3, p374
This article discusses strategies for increasing the low U.S. savings rate in 1989. A low national savings rate is harmful for two reasons. First, nations like the U.S. that invest more than they save must borrow funds from abroad. The only way foreign funds can come into the U.S. is for the...
- SOUTHEAST Bond-Watch. Sigo, Shelly; DeSue, Tedra; Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;8/4/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32189, p27
Reports developments related to public finance in the U.S. Revision made to the credit rating of the outstanding debt of the port of Palm Beach County, Florida by Moody's Investors Service Inc.; Downgrade of the credit quality of the state of South Carolina; Increase in the general fund...