Picking on the little guy
- Free consulting for small biz. // Business Journal Serving Southern Tier, CNY, Mohawk Valley, Fing;8/7/95, Vol. 9 Issue 16, p11
Reports on the Small Business Institute program run by Professor Allan Young at Syracuse University. Real-life management problems for teams of students; Projects by students; Contact information.
- South Side Innovation Center adds more room. Tampone, Kevin // Business Journal (Central New York);9/26/2008, Vol. 22 Issue 39, p1
The article reports on the expansion of Syracuse University's South Side Innovation Center to hold more tenants in its small business incubator in Syracuse, New York. It mentions that the expansion involves renovating the building's second floor into useable space and adding 2,500 square feet to...
- Welcome to Abos' Funhouse. PLASKOW, DAVID // New Jersey CPA;Jul/Aug2013, Issue 40, p48
The article focuses on Marty Abo, a certified public accountant (CPA) from Long Island, New York but is based in New Jersey. It mentions that Abo is a graduate of accounting and transportation from Syracuse University and has received his CPA designation in 1974. It adds that Abo became a member...
- SBA awards entrepreneurship grant to fund training for veterans. // Jackson Advocate;5/1/2014, Vol. 76 Issue 30, p9A
The article reports that the U.S. Small business Administration (SBA) has announced a grant to Institute for veterans and Military Families (IVMF) of Syracuse University, for providing entrepreneurship education and training to members of transitioning service.
- March Madness Brings Dollars to Local Business. Allen, Paul // Business Journal (Central New York);03/17/2000, Vol. 14 Issue 11, p1
Focuses on Central New York-based small businesses' efforts to capitalize on the frenzy over the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) Basketball Tournament. Zealotry of the fans of Syracuse University's basketball team; Anticipation of the expected onslaught of business; Benefits of...
- Grants or Gifts Relating to Women in Higher Education. // Women in Academia Report;3/4/2014, p25
The article offers information related to grants and gifts granted to higher education institutes in the U.S. Topics include the $1.3 million given to Syracuse University in New York from U.S. Small Business Administration, the $2.5 million grant given to University of Southern California from...
- Attracting Audits. // California CPA;Dec2008, Vol. 77 Issue 6, p10
The article deals with a study by Syracuse University which found that an escalating number of small businesses are being targeted by the U.S. Internal Revenue Service for audits. It was discovered that the smallest businesses were audited 41 percent more often in 2007 than in 2005. The study...
- SU offers online training for veterans through SBA program. Delore, Traci // Business Journal (Central New York);8/31/2012, Vol. 26 Issue 35, p4
The article reports that the U.S. Small Business Administration, Syracuse University, the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs and the U.S. Department of Defense have launched a joint program to help veterans make the transition from service members to civilian life. The Transition Assistance...
- Reliance on the owner/manager: Prudent professional behavior? Bainbridge, D. Raymond; Paul, Jack W. // CPA Journal;Mar1995, Vol. 65 Issue 3, p54
Inquires into the circumstances and the degree independent auditors should rely on the owner/manager of small business. Provisions of SAS No. 53; Audit risk assessment; Suggested approach to the smaller business audit.