Picking on the little guy
- South Side Innovation Center adds more room. Tampone, Kevin // Business Journal (Central New York);9/26/2008, Vol. 22 Issue 39, p1
The article reports on the expansion of Syracuse University's South Side Innovation Center to hold more tenants in its small business incubator in Syracuse, New York. It mentions that the expansion involves renovating the building's second floor into useable space and adding 2,500 square feet to...
- Free consulting for small biz. // Business Journal Serving Southern Tier, CNY, Mohawk Valley, Fing;8/7/95, Vol. 9 Issue 16, p11
Reports on the Small Business Institute program run by Professor Allan Young at Syracuse University. Real-life management problems for teams of students; Projects by students; Contact information.
- March Madness Brings Dollars to Local Business. Allen, Paul // Business Journal (Central New York);03/17/2000, Vol. 14 Issue 11, p1
Focuses on Central New York-based small businesses' efforts to capitalize on the frenzy over the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) Basketball Tournament. Zealotry of the fans of Syracuse University's basketball team; Anticipation of the expected onslaught of business; Benefits of...
- Grants or Gifts Relating to Women in Higher Education. // Women in Academia Report;3/4/2014, p25
The article offers information related to grants and gifts granted to higher education institutes in the U.S. Topics include the $1.3 million given to Syracuse University in New York from U.S. Small Business Administration, the $2.5 million grant given to University of Southern California from...
- SU offers online training for veterans through SBA program. Delore, Traci // Business Journal (Central New York);8/31/2012, Vol. 26 Issue 35, p4
The article reports that the U.S. Small Business Administration, Syracuse University, the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs and the U.S. Department of Defense have launched a joint program to help veterans make the transition from service members to civilian life. The Transition Assistance...
- CAs are back in business. // Accountancy;Jan1998, Vol. 121 Issue 1253, p11
Reports on the proposal to abolish audits for small companies in Great Britain. Pros and cons of small business audit.
- Good business records take sting out of IRS audit. Masse, Peter J. // Business Journal Serving Southern Tier, CNY, Mohawk Valley, Fing;11/09/98, Vol. 12 Issue 23, p18
Describes the author's experience with a US Internal Revenue Service audit. Time consuming audit; Auditing of the author's business records; Documented expenses for the author's travels; Importance of opening a separate bank account for the business; Establishing separate credit cards for the...
- Reliance on the owner/manager: Prudent professional behavior? Bainbridge, D. Raymond; Paul, Jack W. // CPA Journal;Mar1995, Vol. 65 Issue 3, p54
Inquires into the circumstances and the degree independent auditors should rely on the owner/manager of small business. Provisions of SAS No. 53; Audit risk assessment; Suggested approach to the smaller business audit.
- Application of SAS no. 82 to audits of small business. Ratcliffe, Thomas A.; Munter, Paul // CPA Journal;Aug98, Vol. 68 Issue 8, p52
Discusses the application of the Statement on Auditing Standards No. 82, Consideration of Fraud in a Financial Statement Audit (SAS No. 82), issued by the Auditing Standards Board to small businesses in the United States. Domination by a single owner/manager as one of the problems in applying...