Sydney Ports installs vessel traffic services (VTS)
- TTF critical of White Bay disembarkation. // Travel Daily;4/19/2013, p5
The article reports on the criticism received by Sydney Ports Corp.'s White Bay Cruise Terminal in New South Wales from the Transport and Tourism Forum (TTF) in 2013.
- 'Leonardo Da Vinci' arrives at Port Botany. // Ausmarine;Apr2009, Vol. 31 Issue 6, p19
The article announces the arrival of the dredger Leonardo Da Vinci at Port Botany in Sydney, New South Wales. The dredger is intended to play an important role in the Australian $1 billion expansion plans in the port. Information on the expansion plans at the port is provided by Sydney Ports...
- Sydney exports boom. Spiers, John // Ausmarine;Aug2006, Vol. 28 Issue 10, p12
This article reports on the growth in export from ports in Sydney, New South Wales. A record high in export in container trade has been made by Sydney Ports Corp. The growth has been the result of the increase in cotton and waste paper exports to Asia. There has also been an increase in imported...
- Asbestos discovered in Sydney cruise terminal site. // Ausmarine;Nov2013, Vol. 36 Issue 1, p14
The article reports on the taking of action by Sydney Ports in Australia to ensure the discovery of small amounts of bonded-asbestos in materials excavated at the city's overseas passenger terminal in November 2013 poses no public and worker safety threat.
- Rail expansion on track. // BRW;10/4/2007, Vol. 29 Issue 39, p53
The article reports that the Sydney Ports Corp. has gained approval to build an intermodal road and rail terminal at Enfield. According to authorities, the terminal will be part of a network connecting the port at Botany Bay, New South Wales along existing railway lines and a dedicated freight...
- Botany Bay's Box Boom. // DPC: Dredging & Port Construction;May2007, p10
The article reports on the planned construction of five extra container berths at Sydney Ports Corp.'s Port Botany in New South Wales. It claims that the ship berth will present a new 1.6 million twenty-foot equivalent unit capacity terminal which will be established on 63-hectares of reclaimed...
- HPH to invest new container terminal at Port Botany, Sydney. // Ausmarine;Feb2010, Vol. 32 Issue 4, p16
The article reports on an agreement entered into by Hong Kong, China-based Hutchison Port Holdings (HPH) with Sydney Ports Corporation (SPC), Australia to develop and operate the Third Terminal (T3) at Port Botany in New South Wales.
- Landside reform at Port Botany is essential. // Ausmarine;Mar2009, Vol. 31 Issue 5, p19
The article focuses on the Port Botany landside reform launched by Sydney Ports Corporation in 2009. A lease model will be introduced for stevedores as part of the initiative. The reform process was expected to begin in February, said Shipping Australia chief executive officer Llew Russell....
- The reformation of Australia's ports. Prehn, Eileen // Asian Business Review;Apr96, p40
Makes various observations about ports in Australia. Cargo operations; Charges; Improvement of facilities.