Part of Brisbane delivers $57 million wharf
- Old town wharf holds fond memories for many. Leborgne, Brittany // Eastern Door;6/4/2010, Vol. 19 Issue 21, p8
The article provides a historical overview of the old town wharf in Kahnawake, Quebec.
- Ugly duckling becomes a swan. Unger, Paul // Estates Gazette;3/15/2003, Issue 311, p92
Reports on the status of Salford Quays as fashionable spotlight of the Greater Manchester office market. Increase in demand for space by office occupiers; Construction projects to be completed in the year 2003; Proposal for the amount of spaces for the quays.
- Germany opens $186 million EuropaKai facility. // DPC: Dredging & Port Construction;Nov97, Vol. 24 Issue 11, p2
Reports that Cuxhaven, Germany's multi-modal wayport, EuropaKai, has been inaugurated on the Elbe estuary. Size and cost of the facility; Size of the two handling halls; Agreement between Hamburg and Cuxhaven in 1992.
- Work starts on wharf demolition. // DEMM: Engineering & Manufacturing;Mar2015, p14
The article focuses on the confirmation by the Ports of Auckland in New Zealand of the start of work to demolish the northern section of Marsden wharf, which is old and is at the end of its structure life.
- Shut out at the dock. Bonura, Chris // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);05/31/99, Vol. 19 Issue 48, p1
Reports on small ship supply companies' opposition to Transocean Terminal Operators' regulations at some wharves in New Orleans, Louisiana. Restrictions on chandlers' access to docked ships; Regulations on the type of insurance to be secured prior to gaining access to the docks.
- Jervoise Bay Underway. // DPC: Dredging & Port Construction;Mar2003, p13
Focuses on the improvement of marine engineering project in Australia. Financial details of the construction of wharves; Use of BSP International Foundations hydraulic poling hammer for the construction; Features of the wharves.
- THE FALMOUTH PHOENIX. // DPC: Dredging & Port Construction;Jun2003, p6
Reports on the rebuilding of A&P Falmouth's wharf in Great Britain, after it was damaged by fire in January 2003. Cause of the fire; Project details.
- Wharf is home to several sternwheelers; they're heading in different directions. Laborde, Errol // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);6/12/95, Vol. 15 Issue 49, p5
Focuses on five boats based at the Robin Street Wharf in Louisiana. Financial problems faced by the Grand Palais and the Crescent City Queen boats; Commissioning of the American Queen; State of the other boats in the wharf.
- Glasgow bridge clears next step. // Building Design;8/9/2002, Issue 1544, p2
Reports on the submission of the design of Glasgow's much-awaited bridge across the Clyde river to city council planners in Scotland. Designer of the bridge; Design's reflection of the region's industrial past; Importance of the four-lane bridge in the future development of the Pacific Quays...