Trainee marine pilots standard supported by industry; NMSC Perth conference approaches
- NMSC conference program to deliver maritime safety flair. // Ausmarine;Apr2010, Vol. 32 Issue 6, p31
The article announces the National Marine Safety Conference to take place in August 2010 in Perth, Western Australia.
- CONFERENCES & SEMINARS. // Australian Maritime Digest;Feb2014, Issue 231, p22
The article offers information on several international conferences and meetings related to maritime community from February 24, 2014 to February 4, 2016 including the World Ocean Summit 2014 in San Francisco, California from February 24-26, 2014, Cruise Shipping Miami in Miami, Florida from...
- New Venue For SASMEX International 2002. // DPC: Dredging & Port Construction;Feb2002, p4
Announces the selection of Amsterdam, Netherlands as the venue of the '2002 Safety at Sea and Marine Electronics Conference & Exhibition.' Background of the marine safety conference and exhibition; Objectives of the conference; Date and duration of the event; List of exhibitors.
- National Boating Usage Study Released. // Australian Maritime Digest;Oct2010, Issue 195, p6
The article focuses on the National Boating Usage Study (NBUS) released by the National Marine Safety Committee (NMSC) during its national Marine Safety Conference 2010 held in Perth, Australia. It says that the NBUS Trip Analysis Report has examined the data from trip diaries from October 2008...
- TWO COE'S JOINING FORCES IN KIEL. WIEDEMANN, JAN // Naval Forces;2011, Vol. 32 Issue 4, p92
The article offers information on Maritime Security Conference 2011 held in Kiel, Germany on May 2-5, 2011. It says that the event was sponsored by the Centre of Excellence Operations in Confined and Shallow Waters (COE CSW) and the Centre of Excellence Combined Joint Operations from the Sea...
- AMFA addresses seafarer shortfall. // Ausmarine;Nov2011, Vol. 34 Issue 1, p24
The article reports that the Australian Maritime and Fisheries Academy (AMFA) in South Australia has increased the number of its course offerings from two in 2010 to ten in 2012 in order to meet the rising demand for qualified seafarers in Western Australia's resources sector.
- Maritime academy aims to certify thousands of mariners. Martinez, Marialba // Caribbean Business;5/24/2001, Vol. 29 Issue 21, p36
Announces the task of the Maritime Training Center Inc. in Old San Juan, Puerto Rico, of offering United States Coast Guard-approved Seafarers Training and Certification of Watchstanders courses leading to a Merchant Mariner or captain license. Invalid Merchant Marine licenses obtained by local...
- Sail Training, Vocational Socialisation and Merchant Seafarer Careers: The German Initiative in the 1950s. Kennerley, Alston // Northern Mariner / Le Marin du Nord;Oct2010, Vol. 20 Issue 4, p385
The article discusses a merchant seafarer training initiative in 1950s Germany, with a particular focus on sail training. It explores the sociological aspects of the initiative and the experiences and later careers of the author and several other sailors who underwent sail training during this...
- Congress Prepares Legislation for Education of Service Men and Women. // Congressional Digest;Mar1944, Vol. 23 Issue 3, p71
The U.S. Congress prepares legislation for education of service men and women by introducing the Thomas bill. The bill includes 12 sections. Section 1 provides that all members of the armed forces and the merchant marine who shall have been discharged or relieved from active duty under honorable...