Finding Alternative Investments that Make Sense for Your Clients
- Many IFAs confused over how to justify renewal. // Money Marketing;10/21/2004, p16
The article reports that more than one in 10 financial advisers have no idea how to justify trail commission to their clients, according to a recent research. Three out of four advisers questioned in its survey said they will generate regular client reports and review their portfolios as...
- Replicate Hedge Funds With ETFs. Hanson, Joyce // Investment Advisor;Aug2011, Vol. 31 Issue 8, p22
The article discusses the strategy of registered investment advisors (RIAs) in replicating hedge funds with exchange-traded funds (ETFs). It states that RIAs are working with ETF firms to create custom-made funds that will suit the portfolios of their clients. It notes that a diversified group...
- 5 Ways to Escape Client Objections. // Research;Jun2014, Vol. 37 Issue 6, p55
A few years ago I researched how to overcome objectionsâ€”frankly I couldn't find any decent strategies so I came up with my own. My system ...
- Timing is Everything. Leder, Gerri // On Wall Street;Sep2005, Vol. 15 Issue 9, p80
Offers advice on how to deal with the volatile financial behavior of clients. Example of how an adviser can misread the timing of presenting a concept or investment to a client; Factors that may help advisers in determining the best times of the client to invest; Advantage and disadvantage of...
- The Science of Success. Wheeler, Dan // Financial Planning;Feb2007, Vol. 37 Issue 2, p105
The article focuses on the role of financial advisors in ensuring that clients met their financial goals. It is the advisor's responsibility to keep clients from acting as speculators. Stress associated with picking stocks and markets can be removed by rejecting a speculative approach and...
- Advisors: Embrace the Winners ... and Losers. Israelsen, Craig L. // Financial-planning.com;10/1/2015, p1
Help clients understand that temporary losers in a volatile market are just that: temporary.
- Think outside the box when seeking clients. Fraser, Bruce W. // Financial-planning.com;11/6/2016, p1
Some firms bypass traditional methods and offer points and rewards programs.
- How to interview prospective clients successfully. Jenkins, Jason // Retirement Advisor;Nov2016, Vol. 17 Issue 11, p15
The article offers tips on how investment advisors in the U.S. can conduct a successful prospective client interview. These include ensuring that they share the same values with their prospective clients, learning about prospective clients' investment views and explaining to prospective clients...
- What advisers are saying. Wickenden, Phil // Money Marketing;5/23/2013, p59
The article offers insights for financial advisers on the factors to consider to help clients avoid making mistakes when selecting financial products and services in Great Britain.