Retirement Preparedness Still Lacking
- the reference desk. Catterall, Susan // AALL Spectrum;Jul2015, Vol. 19 Issue 9, p32
The article provides an answer to a question of the readiness on the approaching of the retirement age of a librarian.
- RETIREMENT READINESS RESPONSIBILITIES. Lawton, Robert C. // Employee Benefit Adviser;July2013, Vol. 11 Issue 7, p54
The article discusses the responsibilities of U.S. employees in terms of retirement readiness.
- Zeroing In On A Retirement Income 'Sweet Spot'. Abkemeier, Noel; Hamann, Brent // National Underwriter / Life & Health Financial Services;9/10/2007, Vol. 111 Issue 33, p27
The article discusses the issues with regards to the retirement income in the U.S. According to a researchers observation, accumulating sufficient retirement funds is a significant task but it only addresses in the first half of the retirement preparedness challenge. Moreover, annuities are the...
- New Study Reveals Workers Around the World are Unprepared for Retirement. // Insurance Broadcasting;5/15/2013, p22
The article informs that the research "Changing Face of Retirement: The Aegon Retirement Readiness Survey 2013" has found lack of retirement preparedness among workers in the U.S. and around the world. It is noted that the research found that only 12% of survey respondents are confident that...
- Finding Purpose in Retirement. Onieal, Marie-Eileen // Clinician Reviews;Jan2014, Vol. 24 Issue 1, p8
The author reflects on the concept of retirement, citing financial, physical and emotional readiness as its main goals. She discusses how she is learning that knowing one's destination and what one intends to do is important to a happy and healthy retirement. She also explores the keys to...
- Retirement Unpreparedness Is a Global Problem. // Plan Adviser;May2013, p8
The article talks about the global problem of people not being financially ready for retirement. Based on "The Changing Face of Retirement: the Aegon Retirement Readiness Survey 2013," study, performed by Aegon, Cicero Consulting, and the Transamerica Center for Retirement Studies, only 20% of...
- Employers face new challenges in the face of unrealistic expectations and lack of planning. // Fairfield County Business Journal;5/31/2004, Vol. 43 Issue 22, p16
Cites the survey released by Merrill Lynch on the annual retirement preparedness in the U.S. Gaps between what Americans dream of doing in retirement and what many will be capable of achieving; Issues employers will need to address of in light of the aging workforce.
- Intro - Trial Periods. Adams, Nevin E. // Plan Sponsor;Nov2011, p2
An introduction to the issue is presented including one about the publication's annual Defined Contribution Survey, one on what a retirement-readiness focus means, and another about the increase in defined benefit plan portfolios.
- They Aren't Ready. // Advisor Today;Apr2006, Vol. 101 Issue 4, p35
The article discusses the result of the survey conducted to assess the financial preparedness of pre-retirees and to identify what makes their lives meaningful. The study shows that they are not adequately prepared for unexpected expenses and personal crises. Based from observations, there...