- Appetite for investment information grows. // ABA Banking Journal;Nov87, Vol. 79 Issue 11, p126
Reports the growth in the popularity of home equity loans according to the American Bankers Association in the U.S. Plans of banks to offer variable rate home equity loans; Imposition of interest rate caps on home equity loans; Average interest rate charged for variable rate home equity loans.
- HELOC Delinquency Rate Stays Steady. Collins, Brian // American Banker;10/6/2010, Vol. 175 Issue 154, p11
The article focuses on information released by the American Bankers Association on October 8, 2010 that the seasonally adjusted 30-day delinquency rate on home equity lines of credit (HELOC) has remained at 1.88 percent as of June 30, 2010 and that HELOC delinquencies may have peaked in the...
- General American Expands Business. // National Mortgage News;5/27/2002, Vol. 26 Issue 35, p10
Reports the decision of General American Corp. to expand its settlement services to home equity and second loan markets in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.
- GAC Expands Settlement Services. // National Mortgage News;6/10/2002, Vol. 26 Issue 37, p14
Reports on the expansion of settlement services of General American Corp. to the home equity and second loan markets. Remarks from Kim Mackey, senior vice president of General American.
- Ads found effective for home equity loans. // American Banker;10/12/1993, Vol. 158 Issue 195, p13
Discusses the survey findings by the American Bankers Association (ABA) on its members' annual home equity loan advertising expenditures. Price range; Planned increases; Spending comparison between large-portfolio banks and smaller-portfolio banks; Differences in the number of acquired...
- Data Shows HEL Delinquencies May Be Starting to Subside. // National Mortgage News;10/21/2002, Vol. 27 Issue 6, p69
Cites a report of American Bankers Association's consumer credit delinquency bulletin which state that delinquencies on home equity loans, based on the number of accounts, remained unchanged in the second quarter of 2002. Comparison of second and third quarter of the late payments on home...
- ABFS Tops $3 Billion in Securitized Home Equity Loans. // National Mortgage News;7/9/2001, Vol. 25 Issue 40
Reports the conclusion of securitized home equity loans transaction of American Business Financial Services and Bala Cynwyd in Pennsylvania. Involvement of company subsidiaries in the deal; Effort of the company to reach the three million dollars mark for loans; Structure of the transaction.
- HE Overdues Rise Sharply. Cornwell, Ted // National Mortgage News;7/9/2007, Vol. 31 Issue 40, p1
The article reports on the increase of the delinquency rate on home equity loans held by commercial banks in the first quarter of 2007 despite a decrease in credit card overdue rates in the U.S., according to the American Bankers Association (ABA). According to the author, the rapid rise in...
- Homeownership Still a Challenge for Many Blacks, Hispanics: Zillow. // Nationalmortgagenews.com;2/17/2015, p8
The article reports that African-Americans and Hispanics have a more difficult time in regaining much of the equity they lost during the Great Recession as lower average wages and the inability to come up with down payments continue to negatively affect the group's efforts.