Out of the Stone Age
- Social media a trap for unwary. Tsanadis, Andrew // Money Management;3/1/2012, Vol. 26 Issue 7, p1
The article offers the insights of several financial planning executives on the negative effect of social media in the marketing strategy of the industry including director Don Trapnell of Synchron, chairman Michael Harrison and director Colin Williams of Humble Investor.
- Calendar of Events. // Journal of Financial Planning;Sep2009 Solutions, p4
A calendar of events in the U.S. in October 2009 is presented including the conference Financial Planning Association (FPA) NexGen 2009, the virtual learning center (VLC) webinar on alternative investments for retirement plans, and a webinar on the utilization of social media marketing strategies.
- What Online Services and Features Should Financial Firms Provide? // Retirement Market Insights;Aug2011, Vol. 7 Issue 8, p1
The article presents a study on usage of online services. It makes reference to a 2011 Spectrum Group survey of households on the usage of the Internet and social media. It discusses the implications of the findings on what online services financial firms should offer, mentioning findings on the...
- FPA lifts social media engagement. Taylor, Mike // Money Management;4/12/2012, Vol. 26 Issue 13, p8
The article reports that Financial Planning Association's (FPA) number of members have increased due to use of social media.
- Social Media: Trends and Looking to the Future. Byrnes, Mike // Journal of Financial Planning;Sep/Oct2011 Practice Management Sol, p8
The article discusses the significant role played by social media in financial planning particularly with social platforms including Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter. According to Blane Warrene, chief executive officer (CEO) of the social media archiving company, Arkovi, Twitter's platform of...
- Out of Touch. Moisand, Dan // Financial Planning;Apr2010, Vol. 40 Issue 4, p73
The author explains the reasons for his resistance to social media. One reason indicated is his preaching to people to stay away from business television and personal finance web sites. Other reasons are that his company takes privacy issues seriously and that he does not feel the same...
- Phil Wickenden What Advisers Are Saying. // Money Marketing;5/10/2012, p83
The author contemplates on the implications of the emergence of social media for financial advisers. He believes that although advisers recognize the growing influence of social media, many are still struggling to fully harness its benefits and translate time spent into tangible business value....
- Tom Baigrie: MAS can promote advice in the digital world. // Money Marketing (Online Edition);11/ 8/2013, p15
The author discusses the need of financial advice to be promoted to the public. He states the importance of online business as a key driver in giving consumers worldwide what they want and need to a certain product. He suggests that Money Advice Service (MAS) can promote financial advice in...
- Updating Communications to Retirement Plan Participants. Moore, Rebecca // Plan Sponsor News;2015, p63
The article discusses the communications strategies of plan sponsors with plan participants. Topics discussed include 44th Annual Retirement and Benefits Management Seminar hosted by the Darla Moore School of Business at the University of South Carolina and co-sponsored by the publication...