ITV Apps: Reason to Switch
- Research Watch. Traylor, Scott // Children's Technology Review;Nov2011, Vol. 19 Issue 11, p7
The article reports on the findings of various research about children and media use in the U.S. It mentions the position statement of the American Pediatrics Academy (AAP) regarding the need for children ages 0 to 2 to avoid using screened media because no evidence can prove the educational...
- Smart TV is still some way off for the majority of consumers. BRITTON, TIM // New Media Age;2/17/2011, p07
The article looks at the popularity of smart television (TV), wherein the 2011 YouGov SixthSense Home Entertainment study reveals that 12 percent of the respondents have watched TV programs on Internet TV. The survey adds that smart TV popularity has not reached the mainstream due to...
- Under-24s happier to interact with TV programmes than ads. // New Media Age;2/16/2006, p10
This article presents the results of an online survey regarding the interaction of young viewers with TV programmes and advertisements. According to Jane Anthony, head of consumer insight at Initiative, the standard of advertising needs to advance a few years in order to meet the high...
- How to develop a general biology course for interactive television. Rogers, Bill // American Biology Teacher;Sep97, Vol. 59 Issue 7, p420
Gives instructions for the development of a biology course for interactive television. Information on the formats and design of the course; Examination of copyright issues; Benefits of interactive television in education.
- Which superhighway is it? GF // Broadcasting & Cable;11/8/93, Vol. 123 Issue 45, p44
Reports on the pessimistic view of cable industry's research consortium Cable-Labs regarding the potential of interactive cable. Lack of subscriber interest for the services; Change in the cost of building fiber systems and their reliability to improve video delivery.
- Web TV. O'Malley, Chris // Popular Science;Oct96, Vol. 249 Issue 4, p49
Reports on developments that will bring about a convergence of Internet and television. Surfing the World Wide Web on television screens; Multiple viewers of one Web page; Which companies are developing such technologies; Role of the cable companies; Efforts being made to work out the final...
- Interactive television. Murrie, Michael // Quill;Mar94, Vol. 82 Issue 2, p28
Discusses developments which reflect the entry of interactive television news. Videotron Ltd.'s offering of the first television news; Activities of newspaper that has something to do with interactive video news; Background on the company NuMedia, a venture by NBC and IBM.
- A new interactivity. Guy, Sandra // Telephony;10/27/97, Vol. 233 Issue 17, p22
Details the efforts of interactive television vendors in the United States to develop the technology. Effort of manufacturers to develop standards-based plug-and-play devices that can be operated through the television's remote; Offering of Internet access over cable networks by WebTV Networks...
- Columbus Dispatch owner to provide interactive TV. A.P. // Editor & Publisher;3/18/95, Vol. 128 Issue 11, p25
Reports on plans of the Columbus, Ohio-based Dispatch Printing Co. to create a subsidiary which will provide wireless interactive television services in the area. Use of interactive television to facilitate banking, home shopping and college registration services.