TWC Eyes 2 Divisions: Sources
- Time Warner's deal. Harrington, John // Crain's New York Business;9/19/94, Vol. 10 Issue 38, p46
Reports agreement of Time Warner Inc.'s Time Warner Cable to merge some of its operations with Newhouse family. Name of joint venture.
- TWC, Charter Chiefs Are Focused on Fundamentals. FARRELL, MIKE // Multichannel News;12/16/2013, Vol. 34 Issue 47, p32
The article focuses on Tom Rutledge, chief executive officer (CEO) at Charter Communications Inc., and chief operating officer Rob Marcus at Time Warner Cable Inc. who have stated that the merger of firms will not impact their growth and both companies will focus on its improvement separately.
- A Charter-TWC Deal Could Trip Up RDK. BAUMGARTNER, JEFF // Multichannel News;1/20/2014, Vol. 35 Issue 3, p6
The article reports on the proposed takeover of Time Warner Cable (TWC) Inc. by Charter Communications Inc. which could threaten the effort of Comcast in deploying its Reference Design Kit (RDK) pre-integrated software platform for set-tops and gateways volume and scale.
- Comcast to Acquire Time Warner Cable. TRIBBEY, CHRIS; GRUENWEDEL, ERIK // Home Media Magazine;2/17/2014, Vol. 36 Issue 7, p1
The article reports that mass media and communications company Comcast has decided to pursue the acquisition of Time Warner Cable, as of February 2014.
- Case Closed. Reiff, Rick // Orange County Business Journal;1/20/2003, Vol. 26 Issue 3, p63
Comments on the merger of America Online with Time Warner. Accounts on the news created by the author on the merger of the companies; Decline of the AOL stock; Impact of the merger on the communication industry; Losses suffered by the former Time Warner shareholders.
- Will a Vendor Get a License to Drive X1? Baumgartner, Jeff // Multichannel News;8/11/2014, Vol. 35 Issue 30, p32
The article informs that merger with cable telecommunication company Time Warner Cable has put the plans of cable company Comcast to provide X1 license, its cloud-based video platform to other cable operators in low priority.
- Give Comcast Its Due. // Broadcasting & Cable;9/1/2014, Vol. 144 Issue 32, p30
The author reports that an expected flood of support for the Comcast/Time Warner Cable deal came from local organizations like the Urban League, various Latino groups and Boys and Girls Club.
- Critics team up to oppose $45 million merger between Comcast and Time Warner Cable. Hattem, Julian // Hill;12/4/2014, Vol. 21 Issue 121, p14
The article reports that consumer interest groups and two television companies in the U.S. have launched the Stop Mega Comcast coalition to oppose the proposed merger between cable telecommunications firm Time Warner Cable Inc. and mass media firm Comcast Corp.
- A new Time Warner-AOL perspective. Mermigas, Diane // Electronic Media;02/28/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 9, p20
Reports the economic advantages of a Time Warner-America Online (AOL) union in the United States. Forecasts on the stock performance of the companies; Impact of Time-AOL trade on merger stock valuation; Implications of AOL Netscape relaunch for Time-AOL merger.