TWC Flies Business Class
- Time Warner to test IP second lines. Estrella // Multichannel News;12/20/99, Vol. 20 Issue 52, p14
Reports on Time Warner Cable Inc.'s testing of a service that targets affluent high-speed data customers. Internet-protocol telephony trial in Portland, Maine; Value-added service for the data businesses.
- Memphis Operator Sues for Utility Data. Haugsted, Linda // Multichannel News;05/01/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 18, p124
Reports on Memphis, Tennessee-based city government-owned Memphis Networx's plan to build a fiber optic data network in the city as of May 1, 2000. Cable television operator Time Warner Cable's call on the municipal utility to release documents related to its proposed data delivery network;...
- Toshiba, Time Warner expand cable deal. // Electronic News (10616624);1/1/96, Vol. 42 Issue 2097, p20
Relates a statement by Toshiba Corp. that it will supply Time Warner Cable with data communications equipment for three systems beginning in early summer of 1996. Types of equipment including modems, head-end gear and distribution hubs.
- TIME WARNER GETS VOCAL IN NYC. Vittore, Vince // Telephony;10/11/2004, Vol. 245 Issue 20, p14
This article reports that Time Warner Cable Inc., which was among the first cable operators in the circuit-switched telephony business, has taken its boldest step yet in returning to the voice market with the rollout of residential voice-over-IP (VoIP) service in New York City. Like other cable...
- Time Warner takes 6 Mbps for a spin. // CED;Jul2004, Vol. 30 Issue 7, p14
Reports that Time Warner Cable Inc. has confirmed that the manufacturers statement of origin is testing a premium Road Runner cable modem service tier in multiple cities in the United States. Speed of Time Warner's traditional flagship cable modem service; Other services offered by the firm.
- IPTV Discussion Gets Real. Tombes, Jonathan // Communications Technology;Nov2009, Vol. 26 Issue 11, p1
The article focuses on the integration of internet protocol (IP) video. It cites the moves of various companies related to IP video programming including Time Warner Cable Inc. wherein it explores delivery approaches for IP video. Moreover, it discusses the contentions on the high cost of cable...
- Road Runner Touts Facelift. Gibbons, Kent // Multichannel News;1/12/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 2, p4
Reports on the redesign of the Road Runner high-speed data service Web page of Time Warner Cable as of January 2004. Reason behind the decision of the company to redesign the Web page; Contents on the new site; Innovations to be promoted by Road Runner.
- 5Mbps. // CED;Feb2005, Vol. 31 Issue 2, p14
Reports on Time Warner Cable's increase of its Road Runner flagship data tier and the launch of a video application designed to take advantage of the speed upgrade. Number of cable modem customers of the company; Company's teamup with Vibe Solutions Group on a network-based video mail...
- TWC Tweaks Bandwidth Plan. Spangler, Todd // Multichannel News;4/13/2009, Vol. 30 Issue 15, p3
The article reports on the issues concerning the plan of Time Warner Cable Inc. to expand usage-based billing for broadband services in the U.S. It states that the plan will revise some terms and expand options for the trials. According to the company's chief operating officer, Landel Hobbs, the...