Speed Revs Up for NASCAR Hall
- Univision Goes Home Grown. Malone, Michael // Multichannel News;5/24/2010, Vol. 31 Issue 21, p34
The article previews several television show such as telenovelas, reality television, and special event television coverages to be televized by Univision Communications Inc. including "Eva Luna," "Look Who's Dancing," and "La Gran Batalla."
- TV'S WINNING SEASON. Rice, Lynette // Entertainment Weekly;2/26/2010, Issue 1091, p42
This article discusses an increase in the ratings of events television programs in 2009 and 2010, with discussion of the professional football championship game the Super Bowl, the entertainment awards the Golden Globe Awards, and the Winter Olympic Games.
- GaGa brings BBC Three to new music high. Cardew, Ben // Music Week;7/2/2011, Issue 26, p8
The article reports that the British Broadcasting Corp. (BBC) Three's television coverage of Radio 1's Big Weekend festival in Carlisle, England on May 14-15, 2011 featuring singer Lady Gaga, has attracted an average audience of 1.5 million, the highest for a music programme on the station.
- India TV Bihar Conclave set to host the biggest power gathering before state elections. // Indiantelevision.com;9/21/2015, p1
The article reports on the launching of Chunav Manch, a full-day long Mega-Conclave on Bihar elections by Indian entertainment company India TV, in response to the increasing demand on the country's election coverage in 2015.
- The District of Columbia Network Is D.C.'s Rebranded Government Channel. SMITH, J. J. // Government Video;Jan2013, Vol. 24 Issue 2, p29
The article offers information on the rebranding of the District of Columbia's government channel to the District of Columbia network (DCN). It mentions several new programs aired by DCN which includes the sound, the district dish and the Kalb report. It adds that in addition to its regular...
- TV Gets Its Ya-Yas Out. Evans, Greg // Broadcasting & Cable;9/29/2014, Vol. 144 Issue 35, p30
An interview with three television (TV) executives, Howard Swartz of Discovery Channel, Jeff Bader of NBC Entertainment and Charles Hirschhorn of AXS TV, is presented. Among the issues they discussed include the live TV and special events being planned by the networks, the appeal of live events...
- NBC Medals in Ratings, But Misses Out on Gold. KATZ, A.J. // Adweek;8/22/2016, Vol. 57 Issue 27, p8
The article talks about reduced ratings of the broadcast television network National Broadcasting Co. (NBC) during the 2016 Olympics Gamed coverage in Rio De Janerio, Brazil. Topics discussed include drop in ratings from the 2012 London Olympics coverage, change in media sector as per Barry...
- LETTERS. Udit, Craig; Haze, Tony; Lit, Harry; Nawrocki, Jim; Peters, David // Bay Area Reporter;7/2/2009, Vol. 39 Issue 27, p5
Several letters to the editor are presented including one on television commentors for the Pride Parade, on the organizers of the Pink Saturday in the Castro, and one on the film review of "Shank."
- Trying to Keep the Customer Satisfied. Moss, Linda // Multichannel News;3/14/2011, Vol. 32 Issue 11, p12
The article reports on various strategies used by home shopping networks to maintain customer satisfaction among female viewers in the U.S. It cites that event programming is one of the strategies used by QVC Inc. and HSN Inc. to upgrade its product mix as well as provide entertainment value....