Conan's Contribution: Cash
- Can TV Everywhere Help Keep Cable Subscribers Onboard? Tribbey, Chris // Home Media Magazine;6/27/2011, Vol. 33 Issue 26, p10
The article focuses on the use of the event called The Cable Show in Chicago, Illinois by pay-TV operators to promote developments in a concept called TV Everywhere in June 2011. Data from Parks Associates predicted that pay-TV operators will offer almost 50 TV Everywhere initiatives by July....
- Cable TV. Crupi, Anthony // Adweek;1/2/2006, Vol. 47 Issue 1, p4
The article focuses on cable television advertising in the U.S. While it may be hyperbolic to label 2005 as a bad year as far as the cable advertising marketplace is concerned, it is not a stretch to suggest that most network advertising sales executives are not going to look back on last year...
- Cable Net Ad Sales Up 16% Last Year. Spangler, Todd // Multichannel News;5/3/2010, Vol. 31 Issue 18, p24
The article reports on the increase in advertising spending on national cable network by 16% to 19.1 billion dollars in 2009, while broadcast network advertising decreased to about 10% to 20.2 billion dollars.
- Parity quest. Larson, Megan // MediaWeek;9/27/2004, Vol. 14 Issue 34, pSR6
Presents forecasts on advertising spending in the U.S. cable network industry from 2003 to 2005. Forecast on cable network, local cable and regional sports outlets advertising spending in 2005; Factor that drove overall increase in advertising revenue in the first quarter of 2004; Discussion on...
- Market Research. // CableFAX Daily;12/2/2005, Vol. 16 Issue 233, p2
The article presents updates on the results of market research regarding cable television in the U.S. as of December 2, 2005. There has been an increase in advertising spending in the 3rd quarter of 2005 according to Nielsen Monitor Plus. A 15% increase in advertising spending was recorded by...
- 3Q 2015 Long-Form Billings ... Rise? Yes! // Response;Jan2016, Vol. 24 Issue 4, p16
The article presents statistics on the long-form billings as of the third quarter Q3 2015, which indicates an increase in cable and satellite pricing for overall time slots spearheaded by the beauty and fitness sectors.
- Fifth wheel. // Quill;Oct93, Vol. 81 Issue 8, p7
No abstract available.
- Time Warner postpones the future. Steinert-Threlkeld, Tom // Inter@ctive Week;05/12/97, Vol. 4 Issue 15, p23
Opinion. Focuses on Time Warner Inc.'s deployment of a full-service cable television network in Orlando, Florida. Significance of cable TV; Plan to start putting interactive set-top boxes in its cable networks.
- Time Warner unit. Harrington, John // Crain's New York Business;1/30/95, Vol. 11 Issue 5, p38
Reports on Time Warner Inc.'s unit Warner Bros.' plan to launch its first overseas cable television network in Latin America.