- Cable gains 1 million homes. McConville, Jim // Electronic Media;01/08/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 2, p8
Reports on the rise in the number of cable television subscribers in the United States in 2000. Improved prime-time ratings and viewership of top cable television networks in the country in 2000, according to data gathered by Turner Entertainment Research; Factors possibly attributing to the...
- Military Channel Wins Initial Ratings Battle. Harper, Jennifer // Insight on the News;01/11/99, Vol. 15 Issue 2, p37
Provides information on the Military Channel cable network launched by Vietnam veterans in the United States. Stars seen in the network; Potential viewers of the network; Kind of shows broadcast on the network.
- Making Time for Local Avails Pays Off. Forkan, Jim // Multichannel News;06/05/2000 Supplement, Vol. 21, p20A
Reports on United States cable networks' increasing accommodation of affiliates' requests for local avails. Bravo; Animal Planet; CNBC; Comedy Central; ESPN Classic; Fox News Channel; TNT.
- Emerging Networks Face Fight for Carriage. Hogan, Monica // Multichannel News;07/10/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 28, p80
Reports on the results of a survey of cable operators in the United States, published in the June 2000 Myers Reports `Mediaeconomics' newsletter. Top-ranking emerging networks based on brand familiarity and carriage plans; Operators' views on the important attributes for adding a basic network;...
- Hooked Up. // Broadcasting & Cable;10/05/98, Vol. 128 Issue 41, p58
Presents news items on the cable television broadcasting industry in the United States. Extended contract of USA Networks' `Sunday Night Heat' weekly series; Statistics on the advertising revenues for leading basic cable networks during the first half of 1998; Satellite TV distributor Prime...
- Cable ratings down. McConville, Jim // Electronic Media;03/06/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 10, p4
Reports the ratings of cable television networks in the United States as of March 2000. Percentage decrease among the top ten networks; USA Network as the top cable network in prime time television; Attribution of Nickelodeon's secondary spot to the program `Nick at Nite'; Networks with...
- Closed circuit. // Broadcasting & Cable;01/17/2000, Vol. 130 Issue 3, p10
Presents news items related to cable television and broadcasting in the United States as of January 17, 2000. Includes soft launch of Walt Disney's operational channel; Investigation of Echostar Corp.; Minority and gender recruiting rules for broadcasters.
- Brand name good for biz. Flint, Joe // Variety;12/11/95 Television, Vol. 361 Issue 6, p16
Focuses on the competition for who will be the dominant television business brand in the United States. Establishment of CNNfn, or CNN Financial News, as a challenger to CNBC, NBC's Consumer & Business Channel; Branding and marketing strategies employed by the said television stations.
- Hispanic world on a wire. McConville, Jim // Broadcasting & Cable;11/13/95, Vol. 125 Issue 46, p72
Reports on developments related to Hispanic American cable television. Number of Hispanic Americans; Areas with large Hispanic American population; Hispanic cable networks' efforts to grow their market; Factors affecting the market.
- Headendings. // Broadcasting & Cable;12/18/95, Vol. 125 Issue 51, p73
Presents an update on the United States' cable television industry as of December 18, 1995. Includes the executives appointed to the Outdoor Life and Speedvision networks' management teams; Five new series that will be added by The Nashville Network (TNN) to its January 1996 schedule; Deal...