TV One's New Reality
- Bravo extends 'Runway' Martin, Denise // Daily Variety;1/31/2006, Vol. 290 Issue 22, p4
The article reports on cable network Bravo to order an extra hour of the reality program "Project Runway" in the U.S. The program ranked number one in cable television on the key adults demographics. Network president Lauren Zalaznick decided to add a one-hour reunion special after seeing the...
- Bad boys branch out. Martin, Denise // Daily Variety;6/8/2004, Vol. 283 Issue 45, pB1
Focuses on the expansion of the television programming of FX cable network in the U.S. Introduction of new episodes; Achievement of record basic cable ratings; Entry into reality shows.
- Reality slugfest. Schlosser, Joe // Broadcasting & Cable;9/10/2001, Vol. 131 Issue 38, p16
Reports the competition between CBS and NBC on reality television programs in the United States. Views of industry analysts on the program ratings of both stations; Ways implemented by CBS to lessen the impact of NBC shows; Comparison of the television program ratings of the stations.
- 'LA VOZ' // Variety;9/26/2011, Vol. 424 Issue 7, p6
The article discusses the very high ratings for the Mexican reality television program "La Voz" in September, 2011 in terms of the competition between the broadcasting company Televisa, which presents the program, and rival network Azteca.
- Facing Reality. Armstrong, Jennifer // Entertainment Weekly;12/3/2004, Issue 795, p16
Discusses the decrease in audience ratings of reality television programs in the U.S.
- Reality Gets Cluttered. Berman, Marc // MediaWeek;3/10/2003, Vol. 13 Issue 10, p8
Presents updates on the ratings of reality programming as of March 2003. List of recent reality shows; Decrease in the rating of cable network's programs; Views of networks on the programs.
- LIVE FROM THE MINISTRY OF TRUTH. Hill, Lawrence; Quin, Robyn // Australian Screen Education;Spring2002, Issue 30, p50
Focuses on the popularity of reality television programs in different countries, according to a survey by Paris, France-based Eurodata TV research organization. Origin of reality television in the 1980s; Technique involved in the making of reality programs; Prominent reality programs broadcast...
- REALITY'S SETTING IN. Kissell, Rick; Adalian, Josef // Daily Variety;7/30/2003, Vol. 280 Issue 18, p5
Reports on the rating of reality television programs in the U.S. as of July 2003. Performance of 'Big Brother 4' of CBS and 'Paradise Hotel' and Amazing Race 4' of Fox network; List of NBC programs which are performing well in ratings; Decline of the rating of 'Banzai' of Fox network.
- Eye's 'Race' hot, 'Lake' not. Kissell, Rick // Daily Variety;9/21/2001, Vol. 273 Issue 15, p4
Focuses on the viewers rating of reality series 'The Amazing Race' and drama series 'Wolf Lake' broadcast by CBS. Comparison of rating with 'The West wing' from National Broadcasting Corp.; Effect of terrorist attack on the audience choice of reality programming; Percentage of audience share of...