HITECH Act timeline
- Are you HIPAA Compliant? Wright, Mark R. // Optometry & Vision Development;2008, Vol. 39 Issue 1, p10
The article offers guidelines for optical practices to comply to the U.S. Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPPA). It suggests appointing someone in the office as the HIPPA Privacy Officer. It recommends to focus on the Administrative Simplification section of HIPPA...
- HIPAA GETS SOME TEETH. SAVAGE, MARCIA // Information Security;Mar2010, Vol. 12 Issue 2, p35
The article focuses on how the Health Information Technology for Economic and Clinical Health (HITECH) Act would expand Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) security requirements and increase the penalties for non-compliance in the U.S. HITECH provides a tiered system of...
- Recrods Request. // Podiatry Management;Feb2011, Vol. 30 Issue 2, p20
A letter to the editor is presented which is concerned with a patient's medical records.
- Study shows 'troubling results' with CPOE alerts. // Hospital Peer Review;Aug2010, Vol. 35 Issue 8, p91
The article reports on the potential medical errors arising from computerized physician order entry (CPOE) alerts based on the findings of a study by the Leapfrog Group in the U.S. as the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services released its final rule on the meaningful use of electronic health...
- Health Records Take Beating on Security. // Information Management Journal;Jul/Aug2012, Vol. 46 Issue 4, p13
The article reports on a bi-annual survey conducted by HIMMS Analytics of U.S. healthcare facilities, which indicates the rise of security breaches as of 2012.
- HITECH Act of 2009 expands privacy and security rules. // Hospital Home Health;May2010, Vol. 27 Issue 5, p49
The article offers information on the new breach notification rule of the Health Information Technology and Economic and Clinical Health (HITECH) Act of 2009 to protect the privacy of the patients in the U.S.
- Breach notification process spelled out. // Hospital Home Health;May2010, Vol. 27 Issue 5, p52
The article discusses the new intense regulation of the expanded Health Information Technology and Economic and Clinical Health Act of 2009 (HITECH) over the breach of unsecured protected health information and the content of notifications for the patients medical information on the U.S.
- THE WEATHERVANE. STODD, RUSSELL T. // Hawaii Medical Journal;Mar2009, Vol. 68 Issue 2, p47
The article discusses issues related to medicine in the U.S. as of March 2009. It cites the opposition of the American Medical Association and the Hawai'i Medical Association to the certificate of need (CON) law for health facilities. Patients will have more control over their medical records...
- Reader Questions. // Health Information Compliance Alert;11/1/2010, Vol. 10 Issue 11, p83
The article presents questions and answers related to the legal basis of providing patients' medical records, such as how to verify a request granted by the Patriot Act to obtain a patient's medical record and if there is a need to track the disclosure of patient's protected health information...