Debate Swirls Around California Controller's $5.7 Billion Ran Plan
- Connell raps Wilson and Dems, questions recovery. Fine, Howard // Orange County Business Journal;04/14/97, Vol. 20 Issue 15, p7
Highlights California state Controller, Kathleen Connell's, criticism of Democrats and governor Pete Wilson. Basis of Connell's dissatisfaction; Comments by Connell during an interview; Connell's concerns regarding tax equities for growth countries; Speculation regarding Connell's intention to...
- Treasurer's call to Get REAL is on point. // San Diego Business Journal;1/15/96, Vol. 17 Issue 3, p10
Editorial. Comments that it is hard to remember California state treasurer Kathleen Connell as a Democrat. Reputation for cutting costs; Proposal for a seven-point government reform plan.
- California Controller Expects Need to Issue $5 Billion in Rans. Finestone, Deborah // Bond Buyer;1/24/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31310, p3
Reports that state controller for California, Kathleen Connell, expects the need for issuing revenue anticipation notes by the state following the budget proposed by the state governor Gray Davis. Factors that may necessitate the notes issuance; Features of the proposed budget; Need for the...
- California Controller Casts Doubt on L.A. Breakup. Finestone, Deborah // Bond Buyer;4/5/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31359, p4
Reports on the pessimism of state controller Kathleen Connell regarding the breakup of Los Angeles into three cities in California. Fiscal viability of the division; Contribution of the city's bonded debt; State requirement to balance revenue between entities during the transition years.
- California controller resumes battle cry for review, reform of tax structure. Marois, Michael B. // Bond Buyer;09/02/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30221, p47
Reports on California Controller Kathleen Connell's proposal calling for a review and reform of the state's tax structure. Connell's views on the possible avenues of resolving the issue; Importance of the reform to prevent the state from suffering insolvency; Committee formed by Connell to study...
- Kathleen Connell: It's Time to Address Calif.'s Challenges. Finestonee, Deborah // Bond Buyer;10/25/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 31003, p6
Reports on the speech of California Controller Kathleen Connell at the Bond Buyer California Public Finance Conference. Time to address the challenges facing the state; Growth of the economy of the state; Wage gap; Lack of affordable housing; Local finance reform.
- California official reveals plan to bridge financial gap with local governments. Marois, Michael B. // Bond Buyer;08/20/99, Vol. 329 Issue 30709, p6
Reports on the proposal of California Controller Kathleen Connell to bridge financial gap between the state and local governments. Funds that will be generated for the municipalities; Key concepts of the proposal.
- Controller Connell guest of Biocom/S.D. // San Diego Business Journal;6/5/95, Vol. 16 Issue 23, p34
Reports on San Diego, Calif.-based Biocom/San Diego's hosting of State Controller Kathleen Connell's `California First' investment policy meeting to be held on June 13, 1995 at the Sheraton Grande Torrey Pines.
- California auditor charges pharmacist billing scam. Gebhart, Fred // Drug Topics;7/8/96, Vol. 140 Issue 13, p27
Reports that state controller Kathleen Connell has charged 11 pharmacies in Long Beach, California overbilled the state Medicaid program by $2 million during the first five months of 1996. Indications of analysis of billing records of the pharmacies; Communities served by the stores...