Texas Cities Need Private Help to Fulfill Cowboys' Stadium Dream
- How 'Bout That Stadium? Lacayo, Richard // Time International (Atlantic Edition);10/5/2009, Vol. 171 Issue 13, p46
The article focuses on a stadium in Dallas, Texas which is home to the Dallas Cowboys. Team owner Jerry Jones hopes that the stadium will shape the future of football and hopes to lure football fans away from their televisions. The article discuses the amenities of the stadium as well as the cost.
- Yeeeeee-haaaah! Ballard, Chris // Sports Illustrated;9/28/2009, Vol. 111 Issue 12, p18
The article discusses Cowboys Stadium, the football stadium for the Dallas Cowboys football team located in Arlington, Texas. The stadium is the largest and most expensive ever constructed in the National Football League, costing over $1 billion. Cowboys owner Jerry Jones states it will have a...
- Paint by Numbers. // Texas Monthly;Feb2011, Vol. 39 Issue 2, p78
The article centers on the integration of art into sports as shown by the contemporary art collection at the Dallas Cowboys football team stadium in Arlington, Texas. It cites the role of general manager (GM) Jerry Jones and his wife Gene in what is described as a groundbreaking cultural...
- How 'Bout That Stadium? Lacayo, Richard // Time;9/28/2009, Vol. 174 Issue 12, p52
The article discusses Cowboys Stadium in Dallas, Texas, owner Jerry Jones, the stadium's possible excesses, and the prospect of it being a model for the future. The so-called JumboTron suspended from the stadium ceiling is noted. Jones' philosophy for giving more National Football League (NFL)...
- Dallas Cowboys To Host 2011 Super Bowl. // Jet;6/11/2007, Vol. 111 Issue 23, p52
The article reports that the football team the Dallas Cowboys will host the National Football League's 2011 Super Bowl at its new stadium in Arlington, Texas. It is reported that the $1 billion stadium will open in 2009 and can seat 100,000 people. Comments from the Cowboys owner Jerry Jones are...
- A vision for the '90s--and beyond. Wilner, Barry // Football Digest;Jun96, Vol. 25 Issue 9, p54
Profiles the owner of the Dallas Cowboys, Jerry Jones. Criticism against Jones for firing former coach Jimmy Johnson; Why coach Jimmy Johnson was fired; Comments from team members on their owner; Statements by Johnson; Career achievements of team; Public perception of the Dallas Cowboys; Views...
- America's owner. Whitford, David // Inc.;Dec93, Vol. 15 Issue 12, p102
Profiles Jerry Jones, owner of the Dallas Cowboys and winner of the 1993 `Inc.' Master Entrepreneur of the Year award. How Jones ended up buying not only the team but Texas Stadium too; The final price; His exit strategy; How Jones turned the Cowboys from a 1-and-15 flop into the 1993 Super...
- Dallas Cowboys Jerry Jones. Jensen, Jeff // Advertising Age;6/24/1996, Vol. 67 Issue 26, pS28
Reports on the success of Dallas Cowboys football team owner Jerry Jones' marketing campaign for the team. Exploitation of the marketing potential of the Cowboys; Jones' claiming of marketing-related revenues from the National Football League.
- Dallas Cowboys. Spagnola, Mickey // Sporting News;01/18/99, Vol. 223 Issue 3, p24
Provides an update on the Dallas Cowboys football team as of January 18, 1999. Status of the team; Suggestions for owner Jerry Jones; Cap values of several free agents.