U.S. High-Speed Rail Champion Looks to France for Inspiration
- Airports Seek Ally In Oberstar. Sanchez, Humberto // Bond Buyer;3/29/2007, Vol. 359 Issue 32597, p1
The article reports on the support given by House Transportation and Infrastructure Committee chairman Representative James L. Oberstar to a proposal to lower borrowing costs of airports. Oberstar said he would likely support the idea of reclassifying certain airport bonds as government rather...
- Oberstar Outlines His Vision. Dutton, Audrey // Bond Buyer;5/14/2009, Vol. 368 Issue 33115, p1
The article reports on the plan of Representative James L. Oberstar, the U.S. House Transportation Committee Chairman, to introduce a multi-year funding bill that will propose major programmatic changes in the Transportation Department. It states that a congestion-relief program with several...
- Rail Plan Introduced In House. Funk, Lynne // Bond Buyer;5/12/2008, Vol. 364 Issue 32876, p1
The article focuses on the Rail Infrastructure Development and Expansion Act for the 21st Century (RIDE-21) introduced by the U.S. House Transportation and Infrastructure Committee chairman James L. Oberstar. The bill would authorize states and interstate compacts to issue $12 billion of...
- Oberstar not taking backseat on stimulus. Eisele, Albert; Bogardus, Kevin // Hill;1/16/2009, Vol. 16 Issue 7, p8
The article reports on the support of Representative Jim Oberstar, U.S. Transportation and Infrastructure Committee chairman, on the economic stimulus plan to upgrade infrastructure in the U.S.
- Man of the year. Friese, Richard P. // Travel Agent;1/2/95, Vol. 273 Issue 12, p6
Features James L. Oberstar. Recognition of Oberstar's work as chairman of the House Aviation Subcommittee; Career history; Contributions to the travel industry.
- Oberstar visits Haiti for homecoming. Eisele, Albert // Hill;10/27/2009, Vol. 16 Issue 125, p8
The article focuses on the state visit of U.S. Representative Jim Oberstar in 2009 in Haiti, which is said to be one of the world's poorest countries.
- The road less traveled. Hirsch, G.A. // Runner's World;Oct91, Vol. 26 Issue 10, p6
Supports government legislation that mandates pedestrian walkways as proposed by Representative Jim Oberstar, D-Minn. A provision in the Surface Transportation Assistance Act (STAA), which will be reviewed by Congress in October of 1991.
- Legislation kicks off debate in Congress over maritime reform. Barnes, David // Traffic World;3/6/95, Vol. 241 Issue 10, p16
Reports on the introduction by Congressman James Oberstar of legislation in the US House of Representatives designed to improve the competitiveness of United States-flag shipping lines. Retention of antitrust immunity for ocean carrier conferences; Retention of tariff filings; Modification of...
- Subcommittee chairman wants defense funds redirected. // Aviation Week & Space Technology;8/6/1990, Vol. 133 Issue 6, p17
Reports that Rep. James L. Oberstar (D-Minn.), chairman of the House Public Works and Transportation Aviation subcommittee, wants the United States government to use defense funds to support civilian applications that may ease problems such as airtraffic congestion.