Securities Regulation Reform and the Decline of Rights Offerings
- IPO Underpricing, CEO duality, and Board Size: Factors that Affect Board Chair Change. Chih-Pin Lin // Journal of Global Business Management;Aug2012, Vol. 8 Issue 2, p66
This study explores some of the factors that affect board chair change within three years after initial public offering (IPO). In Taiwan and other emerging economies, controlling shareholders usually occupy board chair positions and control the firms. Thus change in board chairs may mean...
- Liberty Int'l Wraps $730M Rights Offer. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;9/6/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 36, p41
Reports on the stock rights offering initiated by Liberty Media International in the U.S. in September 2004. Estimated amount raised from the offering; Purpose of the right offering; Increase in the company's outstanding shares.
- Running up an escalator. Hasenfuss, Marc // Finweek;6/30/2011, p14
The article reports on the rights issue announced by John Daniel Holdings (JDH). The company which holds investments in unprofitable biotech and specialist packaging ventures, is looking to raise 15m Rands in fresh capital. The company admits that the rights offer proceeds will certainly not be...
- Deutsche Bank backs Air Canada creditors deal. Knibb, David // Airline Business;Jun2004, Vol. 20 Issue 6, p16
Reports on the decision of Deutsche Bank to support an expanded rights offering to Air Canada creditors. Terms under the agreement; Call of Deutsche Bank for labor unions to accede to a condition regarding labor concessions; Equity plan for Air Canada.
- Bahrain: Takaful International rights offering fully allocated. // MiddleEast Insurance Review;Nov2009, p18
The article reports that Takaful International has fully allocated its rights offerings to raise share capital in Bahrain. It states that the move aims to enhance shareholders' return by developing strategic plans to expand its insurance activities and increase its dominance in the region. It...
- Ericsson rights offering oversubscribed. Smith, Hilary // RCR Wireless News;9/9/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 36, p3
Reports the shares sold by LM Ericsson to investors under its rights offering which commenced on August 15, 2002. Amount expected to be raised by the rights offering; Objective of the rights offering; Response of investors to the offer.
- Nephros Has Commenced Rights Offering. // Biomedical Market Newsletter;5/5/2011, p945
The article reports on the distribution of medical devices for the Nephros Inc.'s announced rights offering to its existing stockholders. Under the terms of the offering, the company is distributing at no charge non-transferable subscription rights to acquire up to a total of 175,000,000 units...
- BankAtlantic Tries Rights Offering Again, a Year On. Fajt, Marissa; Terris, Harry // American Banker;8/11/2009, Vol. 174 Issue 153, p1
The author reports on plans by BankAtlantic Bancorp Inc. to raise money through a rights offering. The amount of money that BankAtlantic hopes to raise through this rights offering is discussed, as are actions that have been taken relating to rights offerings within the financial services...
- Optionsschein (Ger.). // International Dictionary of Finance, 4th Edition;2003, p198
Information on the term " optionsschein" is presented. It refers to a right held by shareholders in order to buy more shares at an agreed price. This right of the shareholder is itself tradable.