Comparison of Traditional Bone-Conduction Hearing Aids with the Baha System
- Evolving Applications in the Use of Bone-Anchored Hearing Aids. Spitzer, Jaclyn B.; Ghossaini, Soha N.; Wazen, Jack J. // American Journal of Audiology;Dec2002, Vol. 11 Issue 2, p96
Discusses guidelines for the use of the bone-anchored hearing aid (BAHA). Advantages of BAHA use; History of bone-conduction implants; Trends in applications of the BAHA.
- Oticon Medical Secures FDA Clearance for Ponto Pro Power, World's Most Powerful Fully Digital, Programmable Bone Anchored Power Processor. // Biomedical Market Newsletter;7/5/2011, p596
The article reports on the 510 (k) clearance granted by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) to Oticon Medical AB for Ponto Pro Power, a fully digital, programmable bone anchored power processor. It says that Pronto Pro Power offers two advantages for children and adults with hearing loss...
- Bone Anchored and Middle Ear Implant Hearing Aids. Chasin, Marshall // Trends in Amplification;2002, Vol. 6 Issue 2, p31
Focuses on implantable hearing aids. Description of bone-anchored hearing aids and middle ear implants; Uses and functions.
- BAHAÂ®: The Direct Bone Conductor. Westerkull, Patrik // Trends in Amplification;2002, Vol. 6 Issue 2, p45
Focuses on BAHA device, a direct bone conductor. Overcoming of drawbacks of conventional air-conduction and bone-conduction; Developments in BAHA system.
- The SOUNDTEC Direct System. Matthews, Pamela // Trends in Amplification;2002, Vol. 6 Issue 2, p61
Features the SOUNDTEC Direct System implantable hearing device. Principles of operation; Specifications; Capabilities.
- The VibrantÂ® Soundbridge â„¢. Arthur, Deborah // Trends in Amplification;2002, Vol. 6 Issue 2, p67
Features the Vibrant Soundbridge implantable hearing aid. Targeted audio range; Surgical procedure to implant the device.
- Audiologic Assessment of Infants and Toddlers. Johnson, Karen C.; Winter, Margaret E. // Volta Review;Fall2003, Vol. 103 Issue 4, p221
As hearing detection and intervention (EHDI) programs are implemented across the country, an increasing number of infants are being referred for diagnostic audiologic assessment. In view of mounting evidence about the benefits of early intervention, sensory aids are being fit as soon as hearing...
- Healthcare & pharmaceutical. // Marketing (00253650);Jul2004 Supp Marketing Research, p10
The article presents information on a study related to Bone-anchored hearing aids (BAHA) which is an implant that can help patients who are single-sided deaf to hear with the affected ear. With a Â£ 33,000 strategic research budget, this research project was split into four stages. Initial...
- Medical Aspects of Bone Anchored Hearing Aids and Middle Ear Implants. Wade, Phillip S. // Trends in Amplification;2002, Vol. 6 Issue 2, p39
Focuses on medical aspects of bone anchored hearing aids and middle ear implants. Alternative for patients with conductive hearing losses; History of chronic suppurative otitis media.