External Effects in the 400-m Hurdles Race
- ESTABLISHING AN IDEAL STRIDE PATTERN FOR A POTENTIAL ELITE FEMALE 400M HURDLER. Beckenham, Matthew; Rosemond, Doug // Modern Athlete & Coach;Oct2006, Vol. 44 Issue 4, p3
The first author is an Australian 2000 Olympic 400m hurdler, who has been working with the Australian Institute of Sport as a scholarship coach in Track and Field. In this paper he reports research that was undertaken under the supervision of AIS Biomechanist, Doug Rosemond, as part of his...
- Hurdler injury factors correlation research based on biomechanics. Qingjun Li // Journal of Chemical & Pharmaceutical Research;2014, Vol. 6 Issue 1, p137
With the development of sports, hurdler has become more and more high in the pursuit of performance, the competition has grown fiercer, the training load has been increasing accordingly, and so sports injury has also been increasing. Liu Xiang has quitted the competition because of injury in...
- Warrior Ways. ALLYN, MATT // Runner's World;Oct2011, Vol. 46 Issue 10, p97
The article presents information on The Warrior Dash race which is part of an international series involving running through a variety of obstacles for 3.1 miles over.
- Hirschmann sensors go wireless. // International Cranes & Specialized Transport;Jul2009, Vol. 17 Issue 10, p49
The article evaluates several wireless sensors from Hirschmann Automation and Control GmbH including the gSENS WGF-W1 angle sensor, the iSENS WSS-W1 wind speed sensor, and the iSENS HES-W1 anti-2-block switch sensor.
- Sims has record day at PK Relays. Stewart, Clay // Graham Leader;4/4/2010, Vol. 134 Issue 67, p1B
The article features the success of Spencer Sims in winning the 110-meter hurdles competition at Newton Field in Graham, Texas.
- HURDLES HURDLES HURDLES. FENNESSY, CHRISTINE // Runner's World;Jul2012, Vol. 47 Issue 7, p92
The article presents information related to runner Kellie Wells' performance at the 100-meter hurdles semifinal of the 2008 Olympic Trials on Hayward Field in Eugene, Oregon.
- LOOKING TOWARD LONDON. // Sports Illustrated;5/28/2012, Vol. 116 Issue 22, p10
A caption is presented to a photograph of Chinese track and field athlete Liu Xiang taken prior to a 110-meter hurdle race.
- THE HURDLES, PART II. Hughes, Morgan // Sprints;2001, p29
The barriers in the 400-meter hurdles race are not as high as they are in shorter sprint versions. This enables the hurdler to keep a more upright position throughout the race. The hurdlers are required strictly to stick to their lanes. There are many exercises and drills designed just for...
- Cowser finishes fifth at state meet. LISLE, TRAVIS // Graham Leader;5/15/2013, Vol. 137 Issue 78, p1B
The article discusses sophomore Cara Cowser's performance at the Texas state meet where she finished fifth in the 100 meter hurdles and clocked a time of 15.1.