Melness Farm, Sutherland: The Land Question and the Congested Districts Board, c. 1866ï¿½1911
- Crofters on a promise... Riley, Jonathan // Farmers Weekly;7/12/2002, Vol. 137 Issue 2, p8
Discusses the crofting reforms proposed by the government of Scotland. Significance of the proposal to crofters; Controversies associated with crofting; Problems with implementing crofting law.
- Scots tenants' rights. Riley, Jonathan // Farmers Weekly;6/21/2002, Vol. 136 Issue 25, p6
Describes the statements of Angus McCall, chairman of the National Farmers' Union, regarding the protection of the rights of tenant farmers in Scotland.
- Holdings Bill Wins Big Approval From Scots' Parliament. Wright, Shelley // Farmers Weekly;3/21/2003, Vol. 138 Issue 11, p20
Reports on the Scottish parliament's approval of Scotland's Agricultural Holdings Bill introducing additional types of farm tenancy. Opportunities to reinvigorate the tenanted sector; Types of tenancy offered to farm tenants; Benefits of the bill to the tenants.
- Primary Tartan. Moffat, Alistair // New Statesman;01/17/2000, Vol. 129 Issue 4469, p40
Provides information on the Tenants' Rights, Etc Bill passed in Scotland. Objective in passing the bill; Its possible impact on tenant farmers; Advantages of the bill.
- Government pledges to help tenanted sector. Nicolson, Nancy; Allison, Richard; Riley, Jonathan // Farmers Weekly;6/27/2014, Vol. 161 Issue 24, p5
The article cites an interim report by the Agricultural Holdings Legislation Review Group and the speech of rural affairs secretary Richard Lochhead at the Royal Highland Show in Ingliston, Scotland about the Scottish government's call for reforms in the tenant farming sector.
- Tenants call for cap on rent reviews. // Farmers Weekly;6/27/2014, Vol. 161 Issue 24, p72
The article cites the appeal made by the Scottish Tenant Farmers Association (STFA) for a cap or moratorium on rent reviews until the Agricultural Holdings Legislation Review Group (AHLRG) publishes its final report in late 2014.
- Scots landowners seek tenancy reform accord. Nicolson, Nancy // Farmers Weekly;5/23/2014, Vol. 161 Issue 19, p64
The article reports that Scottish Lands and Estates (SE) chairman Lord David Johnstone has called on farming organizations to collaborate to seek cross-industry consensus on tenancy reform. Topics discussed include the need for cooperation between SLE, the National Farmers Union (NFU) Scotland...
- Untitled. Nicolson, Nancy // Farmers Weekly;6/27/2014, Vol. 161 Issue 24, p69
The article highlights the appeal of the Scottish Tenant Farmers Association (STFA) for a cap or moratorium on rent reviews until the Agricultural Holdings Legislation Review Group (AHLRG) publishes its final report in late 2014. It cites the Scottish Land Court's ruling that the rent for...
- Untitled. Nicolson, Nancy // Farmers Weekly;6/27/2014, Vol. 161 Issue 24, p73
The article focuses on an interim agricultural holdings report launched by the Scottish government which outlines recommendations to secure the future of the tenant farming sector. Topics covered include the call for a more transparent rent review system, better opportunities for new entrants,...