What Accounts for Job Satisfaction Differences Across Countries?
- Jackie Greer, Brighton. // Independent Nurse;8/17/2015, p44
No abstract available.
- Survey: Women and Minorities Discouraged from Science Careers. Coons, Rebecca // Chemical Week;3/22/2010, Vol. 172 Issue 7, p14
The article focuses on a 2010 Bayer Corporation survey which claims that almost 40% of women and minority chemists and chemical engineers in the U.S. have been at some point discouraged from pursuing careers in science, technology, engineering, or mathematics.
- The Road to Success: Stories of Career Satisfaction in Popular Fields. // Library Media Connection;Mar2008, Vol. 26 Issue 6, p63
The article reviews a documentary video recording about stories of career satisfaction on various fields.
- Should Professionals in Employment Constitute 'Undertakings'? Identifying 'False-Employed'. Lucey, Mary Catherine // Journal of European Competition Law & Practice;Dec2015, Vol. 6 Issue 10, p702
The article presents an argument on the issue of recognition of some professionals in employment as undertakings on the grounds that they are false employed and supported by some court cases filed in the European Union Court of Justice.
- The PHARMINE study on the impact of the European Union directive on sectoral professions and of the Bologna declaration on pharmacy education in Europe. ATKINSON, Jeffrey; ROMBAUT, Bart // Pharmacy Practice (18863655);Oct2011, Vol. 9 Issue 4, p188
The Bologna declaration and the European Union (EU) directive 2005/36/EC on the recognition of professional qualifications influence the mobility of pharmacy students and pharmacy professionals, respectively. In addition the Bologna declaration aims at tuning higher education degrees including...
- Heard and Overheard. Salter, Leonard M. // Commercial Law Bulletin;Mar/Apr2000, Vol. 15 Issue 2, p8
Discusses the difficulty that of some lawyers have in focussing on how to enjoy their work. How young lawyers often see their work; The legal experience that author Steven Keeva found most inspiring; Two areas where an enterprising young lawyer can be useful.
- A Better Job, But a Happier Job? BOLLIG, JEFF // Superintendent;Jul2015, p36
The author suggests how professionals should be true to themselves by being happier at their job and should quit if they are not enjoying their job.
- Showing High Professionals Respect Goes a Long Way. // TD: Talent Development;Dec2015, Vol. 69 Issue 12, p17
Statistics are presented on factors that affect the job satisfaction of high professionals including recognition of the value of their expertise, ability to build professional skills, and being recognized as a subject matter expert.
- Are Nurses Less Satisfied Than Other Workers? Wright, Virginia B.; McGill, Joan; Collins, Janet // Nursing Economic$;Sep/Oct90, Vol. 8 Issue 5, p308
The article is a study based on a survey of over 3,500 nurses of the U.S. to compare job satisfaction of baccalaureate nurses with elementary teachers and accountants, the three groups rated many expects of their jobs similarly. The list of determinant of satisfaction included job...