Ferric carboxymaltose improved symptoms and quality of life in patients with chronic heart failure and iron deficiency
- What is the use? Application of the short form (SF) questionnaires for the evaluation of treatment effects. Pelle, Aline; Kupper, Nina; Mols, Floortje; Jonge, Peter // Quality of Life Research;Aug2013, Vol. 22 Issue 6, p1225
Background: Health status has evolved as a clinical outcome measure that is of great interest in medical care. However, there is still debate about the appropriateness of scoring algorithms for the often used short form questionnaires. Therefore, our aim was to evaluate the consequences of the...
- Serelaxin improved renal blood flow in chronic HF patients. Swain, Erik // Cardiology Today;
The article discusses the results of a randomized study showing the effect of the drug serelaxin on renal blood flow on patients with chronic heart failure.
- Dyssynchrony indices not predictive of response to CRT. // Cardiology Today;Nov2010, Vol. 13 Issue 11, p22
This article focuses on study published in "Circulation: Heart Failure" which examined the role of dyssynchrony indices in cardiac resynchronization therapy in patients with heart failure.
- Cardiac Resynchronization in Mild Heart Failure: All Issues Resolved? Maass, Alexander // Cardiovascular Drugs & Therapy;Aug2011, Vol. 25 Issue 4, p281
The author examines the role of cardiac resynchronization therapy (CRT) in patients with mild heart failure. He cites several studies showing how CRT improves the symptoms. The author points out the importance of optimal delivery of CRT when performing randomized controlled trials. The author...
- CLINICAL TRIAL DIGEST. // Pulmonary Reviews;Feb2012, Vol. 17 Issue 2, p10
A chart is presented showing findings from published randomized controlled trials as of February 2012, including salmeterol for allergic rhinitis, vitamin D supplementation for chronic obstructive pulmonary disorder (COPD) and continuous positive airway pressure (CPAP) for obstructive sleep apnea.
- Clinical Trial Digest. // Neurology Reviews;Oct2008, Vol. 16 Issue 10, p23
A table is presented which shows the findings of randomized controlled trials of various brain diseases including Alzheimer's disease, multiple sclerosis and stroke.
- Clinical Trial Digest. // Neuropsychiatry Reviews;Aug2008, Vol. 9 Issue 8, p17
A chart is presented that shows the results of several randomized controlled clinical trials related to psychiatry.
- CLINICAL TRIAL DIGEST. // Pulmonary Reviews;Oct2008, Vol. 13 Issue 10, p9
A chart is presented that lists results from recently published randomized controlled trials, which includes inhaled tiotropium bromide as treatment for acute viral cough and Gefitinib for treating lung cancer.
- Clinical Trial Digest. // Neurology Reviews;Mar2009, Vol. 17 Issue 3, p10
A chart is presented that lists the findings of various randomized controlled trials.