- Gettin' Phreeky With Wireless Wanda. Bassuener, Kristy // Wireless Week;10/28/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 39, p19
Reports that youth-oriented service of telecommunication company Upoc has enable users to develop their own mobile community. Information on the mobile community of hip-hop enthusiast.
- Cure for the message bored. Meyers, Jason // Wireless Review;Dec2003, Vol. 20 Issue 12, p8
Comments on the text messaging campaign of CTIA during its Wireless IT & Entertainment show in October 2003 in Las Vegas, Nevada. Capabilities of mobile community movement leader Upoc; Customers of Upoc; Services provided by Upoc for telecommunications carriers.
- Upoc/AT&TW/Nokia pact yields camera-phone communities. // RCR Wireless News;4/14/2003, Vol. 22 Issue 15, p12
Details the plan of Upoc Inc. to jump into the multimedia messaging craze through an offering with AT&T Wireless Services Inc. and Nokia Corp. Significance of Upoc's technology.
- Late News. // RCR Wireless News;7/3/2006, Vol. 25 Issue 27, p1
The article presents news briefs concerning the telecommunication industry in the U.S. as of July 2006. MobiTV Inc. said it extended its wireless video service to devices running Microsoft Corp.'s Windows Mobile 5.0 operating system. Upoc Networks announced it is providing mobile chat and...
- Upoc taps Sklaver chief executive. Marlowe, Chris // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;11/6/2001, Vol. 370 Issue 39, p102
Reports on the appointment of David Sklaver as chief executive officer of Upoc Inc.
- For the groupie on the go. // America's Network;9/1/2001, Vol. 105 Issue 13, p21
Reports the impact of the technology of Upoc Company on marketers, retailers, consumer goods and media companies in the United States. Company operation of Upoc; List of artists and labels using mobile platform of Upoc; Names of major record labels.
- Upoc: Bold, But Will It Last? Alleven, Monica // Wireless Week;05/08/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 19, p29
Presents an update on Upoc, a wireless Internet company, as of May 8, 2000. Venture capital round launched by Upoc; Services of the company; Comments from Gordon Gold, chief executive officer.
- THe Peacekeeper. Gubbins, Ed // Wireless Review;Aug2002, Vol. 19 Issue 8, p32
Presents an article which deals with Andrew Cowie, director of operations for mobile messaging service Upoc. Peacekeeping tour of Cowie in Bosnia with North Atlantic Treaty Organization's stabilization force; Responsibilities of Cowie as a combat officer; Difference between being in operations...
- Kicking off wireless sports news. Blake, Wendy; Leder, Michelle // Crain's New York Business;9/10/2001, Vol. 17 Issue 37, p22
Reports the agreement between Upoc Inc. and Alltel Corp. to provide college football information over mobile phones in the United States. Ability to get regular game updates on mobile phones and pagers; Expansion of the services of Upoc Inc.; Creation of wireless Web.