Hook 'Em And Keep 'Em Happy
- The gift of wireless. Carroll, Kelly // Telephony;12/18/2000, Vol. 239 Issue 25, p74
Offers a look at the offerings of wireless communications providers for the teen or young adults market in the 2000 holiday season. Features of the Sprint PCS' holiday catalog; AT&T Wireless' holiday promotion services; Description of the wireless services of Sprint PCS that target the teens;...
- Sprint PCS reacts to AT&T marketing moves. Philippidis, Alex // Westchester County Business Journal;06/07/99, Vol. 38 Issue 23, p31
Reports that wireless communications firm Sprint PCS revised its marketing strategies. Details of the company's marketing for its monthly plans; Move as a reaction to rival AT and T Wireless Services' marketing strategy.
- Enterprises need mobile data. Carriers need enterprises that need mobile data. O'Shea, Dan; Fitchard, Kevin; Gubbins, Ed // Wireless Review;Jul2003, Vol. 20 Issue 7, p26
Explores how three national wireless communication carriers in the U.S. are delivering data services to the corporate enterprise. Features of Wireless Office, the suite of general and customized services targeted at corporate accounts, from Verizon Wireless; Approach of AT&T Wireless in...
- Analysts: Sharing Not Bad For Tower Industry. Rockwell, Mark // Wireless Week;3/1/2003, Vol. 9 Issue 5, p15
Focuses on the plans of AT&T Wireless and Sprint PCS to cooperate on the construction of new wireless towers in the U.S. as of March 1, 2003. Views of analysts on the effort; Features of the plan of sharing tower inventory information; Significance of sharing in the tower industry.
- The Hunt For Subscriber Bounty. McCall, Margo // Wireless Week;11/5/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 45, p20
Discusses the efforts taken by three wireless carriers in the United States to search for more subscribers in unexplored areas of the country. Sprint PCS; AT&T Wireless; Leap Wireless International Inc.
- PACKETS. // Wireless Week;4/15/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 15, p8
Cites update on the wireless communications industry as of April 15, 2002. Drop in the stock price trading of Sprint PCS; Revenue growth posted by the wireless local area networking equipment market in 2001; Value of the senior unsecured notes offering completed by AT&T Wireless Incorporated.
- Price won't always be main marketing focus. Beckman, Kristen // RCR;07/19/99, Vol. 18 Issue 29, p14
Discusses the changes in marketing focus of wireless carriers in the United States. Previous focus on pricing schemes; AT&T Wireless Services Inc.'s launch of single-rate plans in 1998; Powertel Inc.'s wireless-rate plan; Partnership among Sprint PCS, 7-Up and Nokia aimed at young people;...
- Competitors gain from high sub losses at AWS. Meyer, Dan // RCR Wireless News;4/26/2004, Vol. 23 Issue 17, p3
Deals with the advantages of the loss of customers of AT&T Wireless Services (AWS) to other wireless phone companies. Reason for the loss of customers of AWS; Customer growth of Cingular Wireless from the first quarter of 2003; Benefits of the troubles of AWS to Sprint PCS.
- I Stream, You Stream. Swartz, Nikki // Wireless Review;08/15/2000, Vol. 17 Issue 16, p52
Deals with the efforts of wireless communication providers to prepare for the streaming multimedia services of the third generation (3G) telecommunication networks. Partnership of Nokia and AT&T Wireless to develop the Internet Protocol EDGE network; Companies working with PacketVideo to...
- The Data-Rate Puzzle. // Wireless Review;03/15/2001, Vol. 18 Issue 6, p144
Presents information on random telephone calls conducted by `Wireless Review' among wireless carriers in the United States to determine data speeds and performance of cellular telephones. AT&T Wireless; Verizon Wireless; Sprint PCS.