LG Pushes Into U.S. Market
- LG aims to send strong brand message. Dano, Mike // RCR Wireless News;7/9/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 28, p25
Reports on the plans of LG InfoComm U.S.A. Inc. to introduce LG Electronics-branded code division multiple access mobile telephones in 2002. Brief information on the company; Plans for the launching of a set of telephones with high-speed features; Business direction which the company plans to take.
- Lessons From Korea. Marek, Sue // Wireless Week;4/29/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 17, p23
Focuses on the South Korean code division multiple access (CDMA) wireless market. Remarks from Pyramid Research Asia-Pacific wireless analyst Fei Li; Lessons that must be learned by U.S. CDMA carriers from Korea; Details on CDMA manufacturer LG InfoComm. INSET: Samsung's Image Coming Into Focus.
- Monet prepares to be first with 1x EV-DO launch. Omatseye, Sam // RCR Wireless News;3/25/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 12, p16
Highlights the preparations made by mobile data access provider, Monet Mobile Networks to launch the first code division multiple access (CDMA) 2000 1x-EV-DO interface protocol in the U.S. Interest of Verizon Wireless with the CDMA-based technology; Information on LG InfoComm, the supplier of...
- Korean titans plan North American plays. Omatseye, Sam // RCR Wireless News;4/22/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 16, p22
Reports on the plan of South Korean wireless telecommunication manufacturers to compete for market share in North America. Significance of the scope and intensity of the competition; Overview of companies offering code division multiple access technology; Components of the infrastructure...
- Wireless payphones: A new way to communicate--anywhere. Grimaldo, Bradie Sue // Electronic Design;07/20/98, Vol. 46 Issue 17, p48V
Features the Code-Division-Multiple-Access (CDMA) digital wireless payphones from Qualcomm. Data transmission and fax transmission rates; Capabilities; Introduction of problems in payphone usage.
- Vodafone AirTouch, GTE enter CDMA data services market. Bruno, Antony // RCR;08/02/99, Vol. 18 Issue 31, p5
Reports on the launching of two Codes Division Multiple Access carriers in July 1999, which involved linking wireless phones to laptop computers via cable. Significance of the Vodafone AirTouch PLC and GTE Wireless announcements for the market; Features of the two data solutions.
- Mobile mania. // InfoWorld;07/05/99, Vol. 21 Issue 27, p38C
Reports on the roundtable discussion regarding mobile phone technology code division multiple access (CDMA) at the Fourth Annual CDMA World Congress. CDMA challenge in Western Europe; Four operators in Australia for CDMA; Reason for repositioning CDMA in China.
- Synopsys, Viewlogic form partnership. // Electronic News;5/27/96, Vol. 42 Issue 2118, p54
Reports on the partnership struck by Synopsys' Logic Modeling business unit with Viewlogic Systems' High Level Design Group as Synopsis introduced two reference design kits for its Cossap system design tool. Terms of the partnership agreement; Plans for the models resulting from the...
- Chinese Telecom Buys $1.3 Billion in U.S. Gear. Scanlon, Bill // Interactive Week;7/9/2001, Vol. 8 Issue 27, p12
Reports on the agreement signed by China Unicom with Lucent Technologies, Motorola, Ericsson and Nortel Networks for the delivery of Code Division Multiple Access wireless phones and network equipment in 2001. Role of Chinese businesses in improving China-United States relations; Benefits of...